[Caml-list] Small comparison of OCaml web frameworks

David MENTRE

Jul 11, 2006, 4:46:51 PM7/11/06
to caml...@inria.fr
Hello,

I've started a short comparison of OCaml web frameworks for WDialog,
Ex-Nunc, Ocsigen and mod_caml:
http://www.demexp.org/en/doku.php?id=web_client_development_framework#comparison_of_ocaml_frameworks

This page is a Wiki. Feel free to fix any error or omission you might
see (please add a meaningful comment in that case), as I have not tested
each framework (except WDialog).

I'm also interested into other criteria of comparison you might see
interesting.

Best wishes,
david
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <dme...@linux-france.org>
5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562 D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A

Nicolas Cannasse

Jul 12, 2006, 3:42:50 AM7/12/06
to David MENTRE, caml...@inria.fr
> Hello,
>
> I've started a short comparison of OCaml web frameworks for WDialog,
> Ex-Nunc, Ocsigen and mod_caml:
> http://www.demexp.org/en/doku.php?id=web_client_development_framework#comparison_of_ocaml_frameworks
>
> This page is a Wiki. Feel free to fix any error or omission you might
> see (please add a meaningful comment in that case), as I have not tested
> each framework (except WDialog).
>
> I'm also interested into other criteria of comparison you might see
> interesting.
>
> Best wishes,
> david

Hi David,

I added both haXe (http://haxe.org) and Neko (http://nekovm.org) to the
list of your web frameworks.

Since the haXe compiler is written in OCaml, that might interest some
people on this list as well. haXe is an high-level OO language with a
modern type system (type inference, enums, ML polymorphism). It targets
three platforms :
- it has a Javascript/AJAX code generator so you can use it to code
the client side of your website.
- it has a Neko code generator that can be used with NekoVM to write
the server side of your website : NekoVM is a small embeddable VM with a
"mod" for Apache.
- it has a Flash/SWF generator so you can use haXe to develop Flash
RIA and other applications.

Nicolas