[Caml-list] International Workshop on Intermediate Representations (WIR 2011)

Simon Peyton-Jones

Dec 6, 2010, 9:58:45 AM12/6/10
to has...@haskell.org, caml...@inria.fr
Dear functional friends

Here's the Call for Papers for a new Workshop on Intermediate Representations.

I expect it to get a lot of papers about the JVM and program dependence graphs, but the Chair explicitly wants papers about intermediate representations for functional programs, both typed and untyped. So, do me a favour :-) and submit your paper, lest I get landed with a mountain of SSA papers to review. (Yes, SSA is just CPS in disguise. But the disguise is heavy.)

The deadline is rather short: Jan 21. Happy Christmas!

Simon

==============================
Call for Papers

International Workshop on Intermediate Representations (WIR 2011)

Co-located with CGO 2011, April 2/3 2011 in Chamonix, France

http://researchr.org/conference/wir-2011

Description
===========

The intermediate representation is the core of any program transformation tool. Its design has a significant impact on the simplicity, efficiency, and effectiveness of program transformations. The developments in concurrent programming, integrated development environments, and domain-specific languages pose new requirements on intermediate representations. This workshop provides a forum to discuss current trends and experiences in the design, implementation, and application of intermediate representations.

Topics of Interest
==================

The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:

* intermediate representations for
o parallelism and concurrency
o instrumentation
o JIT compilation
o compiler verification
o domain-specific languages
o refactoring
o integrated development environments
* functional intermediate representations for imperative programs
* translation to, and code generation from an IR
* modeling low-level machine details in IRs
* impact of IR on the precision of static analyzers
* representing static analysis results in an IR
* origin tracking

Submission
==========

We solicit submission of original papers on topics relevant to intermediate
representations. Papers should be formatted in SIGPLAN Proceedings
Format, 9 point
font, and be at most 8 pages in length.

* http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigplan/authorInformation.htm

Selected papers will be published in the ACM digital library (to be confirmed).

Papers should be submitted electronically with easychair:

* http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wir2011

Important Dates
===============

* Submission: January 21, 2011