[Caml-list] How to use C++ library iin OCaml?

guanhua he

May 2, 2007, 5:43:02 AM5/2/07
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Dear all,

Does anyone know can I use C++ library in OCaml and how?

Thanks
Guan

Richard Jones

May 2, 2007, 7:57:12 AM5/2/07
to guanhua he
On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:40:51AM +0100, guanhua he wrote:
> Does anyone know can I use C++ library in OCaml and how?

Read: http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html

You'll have problems with the C++ name mangling, and it'll be tricky
if the library uses lots of templates, exceptions or even complicated
object features, but in principle it should be possible.

Which library?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

guanhua he

May 2, 2007, 8:26:26 AM5/2/07
to Richard Jones
Hi, Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to use the Parma Polyhedra Library
(http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/) to solve the convex-hull and widening
problems. Does it work in ocaml? Or any other good tools for ocaml?

BTW, does ocaml work with the
LP_solver(http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/) library? Or is there any
good LP solver for ocaml?

Thanks
Guan

Richard Jones wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:40:51AM +0100, guanhua he wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know can I use C++ library in OCaml and how?
>>

> Read: http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html
>
> You'll have problems with the C++ name mangling, and it'll be tricky
> if the library uses lots of templates, exceptions or even complicated
> object features, but in principle it should be possible.
>
> Which library?
>
> Rich.

Josh Berdine

May 2, 2007, 9:16:42 AM5/2/07
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hi Guan,

If you're interested in the PPL, I'd keep an eye on APRON
(http://apron.cri.ensmp.fr/library/) which is advertised as soon to have a
PPL interface.

Cheers, Josh

Roberto Bagnara

May 2, 2007, 10:56:58 AM5/2/07
to guanhua he
guanhua he wrote:
> I'd like to use the Parma Polyhedra Library
> (http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/) to solve the convex-hull and widening
> problems. Does it work in ocaml? Or any other good tools for ocaml?

The CVS version of the PPL (what will become PPL 0.10) has an OCaml
interface (in addition to C++, C, Prolog and Java interfaces).
This version is not formally released yet, but you can obtain it
by following the instructions at

http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/cvs#read-only-access

The OCaml interface has not been heavily tested yet, but we believe
it works OK. In any case, we will provide all the assistance
you may need.

> BTW, does ocaml work with the
> LP_solver(http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/) library? Or is there any
> good LP solver for ocaml?

The same version of the PPL features also a Mixed Linear/Integer Programming
solver based on exact arithmetic. You can access it from all the interfaces,
including the OCaml interface.
Hope this helps,

Roberto

--