[Caml-list] NW Functional Programming Interest Group

Greg Meredith

Feb 1, 2008, 2:56:06 PM2/1/08
to has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

A small cadre of us are organizing a Northwest Functional Programming
Interest Group (hey... NWFPIG, that's kinda funny). Our first official
meeting is at the

The Seattle Public Library
1000 - 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104

from 17:00 - 18:00 on February 20th.

On the first meeting's agenda we'll be

- giving people who are interested in or actively using FP for work or
play a chance to meet
- seeking to build up a pipeline of presentations and guest speakers
- trying to keep organizational mishigosh to a minimum

Hope to see you there.

Monadically yours,

--greg

--
L.G. Meredith
Managing Partner

+1 206.650.3740

http://biosimilarity.blogspot.com

Greg Meredith

Feb 20, 2008, 5:15:19 PM2/20/08
to haskell-cafe, has...@haskell.org, Scala list, caml-list
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

This is just a friendly reminder that a small cadre of us are organizing a
Northwest Functional Programming Interest Group. Our first official meeting
is today at the

The Seattle Public Library
1000 - 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104

Spiral 6 Conference Room from 17:00 - 18:00 on February 20th.

Greg Meredith

Mar 18, 2008, 3:59:37 PM3/18/08
to has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

A small cadre of us are organizing a Northwest Functional Programming

Interest Group (hey... NWFPIG, that's kinda funny). Our next
meeting is at the

The Seattle Public Library
1000 - 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104

from 18:30 - 20:00 on March 19th.

On this meeting's agenda

- i'll give a highly idiosyncratic talk about the Curry-Howard
isomorphism
- followed an informal discussion section

Greg Meredith

Apr 15, 2008, 11:21:31 AM4/15/08
to has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list, northwest-functional-pr...@googlegroups.com
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

It's that time again. Our growing cadre of functionally-minded north
westerners
is meeting at the

The Seattle Public Library
1000 - 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104

from 18:30 - 20:00 on April 16th.

This meeting's agenda is a little more fluid, but...

- i would like to talk about a proposal i'm mulling over around a much
more general account of the Curry-Howard isomorphism by way of iterated
distributive laws for monads
- we also need to get a couple more people on the hook to give a talk

Jeff Henrikson

Apr 15, 2008, 11:02:35 PM4/15/08
to Greg Meredith, has...@haskell.org, sc...@listes.epfl.ch, caml-list, haskel...@haskell.org
Hi Greg,

Not sure if you're aware but there is already a functional programming
interest group in Seattle, SeaFunc. We have been meeting approximately
every 4 weeks since 2004. For the sake of people deciding which group
to follow, could you explain the differences of your scope? (We also
discuss Haskell, OCaml, and Scala, among other things.)

Our regularly scheduled meeting is also tomorrow, April 16 (later at
8pm) at Ralph's Grocery downtown. Check the list for details.

Jeff Henrikson

> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:21:19 -0700
> From: "Greg Meredith" <lgreg.m...@biosimilarity.com>
> To: has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe <haskel...@haskell.org>,
> "Scala list" <sc...@listes.epfl.ch>, caml-list <caml...@inria.fr>,
> northwest-functional-pr...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: NW Functional Programming Interest Group

> All,
>
> Apologies for multiple listings.
>
> It's that time again. Our growing cadre of functionally-minded north
> westerners
> is meeting at the
>
> The Seattle Public Library
> 1000 - 4th Ave.
> Seattle, WA 98104
>
> from 18:30 - 20:00 on April 16th.
>
> This meeting's agenda is a little more fluid, but...
>
> - i would like to talk about a proposal i'm mulling over around a much
> more general account of the Curry-Howard isomorphism by way of iterated
> distributive laws for monads
> - we also need to get a couple more people on the hook to give a talk
>
> Hope to see you there.
>
> Monadically yours,
>
> --greg

Greg Meredith

May 16, 2008, 12:37:56 PM5/16/08
to has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list, northwest-functional-pr...@googlegroups.com
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

It's that time again. Our growing cadre of functionally-minded north
westerners
is meeting at the

The Seattle Public Library
*University Branch* 5009 Roosevelt Way N.E. *Seattle*, WA 98105 206-684-4063

from 18:30 - 20:00 on May 28th.

**** Note the change in venue ****

Agenda

- JP has graciously offered to give a talk on darcs
- we also need to continue to fill the talk pipeline

Greg Meredith

Jun 24, 2008, 1:18:39 PM6/24/08
to has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

A small cadre of us, collectively known as the Northwest Functional
Programming
Interest Group, have been meeting monthly to discuss all things functional.

Our next meeting is at

The Seattle Public Library
5009 Roosevelt Way N.E. *
Seattle*, WA 98105
206-684-4063

from 18:30 - 19:50 on June 25th.

We'd hoped to have Andrew Birkett talk on a Haskell implementation of an
emacs-like editor, but sadly could not secure a meeting venue before
Andrew's flight back to the UK. Maybe we can set up a skype session for a
presentation by Andrew in future. Since it's so late in the game i will step
in and offer a presentation on a compositional representation of graphs i've
been tinkering wit<http://biosimilarity.blogspot.com/2008/06/algebra-of-graphs-individually-and.html>h
-- unless someone has something they'd like to talk about at a moment's
notice.

Hope to see you there.

Monadically yours,

--greg

--
L.G. Meredith
Managing Partner
Biosimilarity LLC
806 55th St NE
Seattle, WA 98105

+1 206.650.3740

http://biosimilarity.blogspot.com
<http://biosimilarity.blogspot.com>

Greg Meredith

Jul 18, 2008, 8:25:51 PM7/18/08
to northwest-functional-pr...@googlegroups.com, has...@haskell.org, haskell-cafe, Scala list, caml-list
All,

Apologies for multiple listings.

This is just a friendly reminder to Northwest functionally minded folks that
this month's meeting is to be held

The Seattle Public Library
5009 Roosevelt Way N.E.

Seattle, WA 98105
206-684-4063

from 18.30 - 19:45 on July 23rd.

We'll be getting a demo of a scala-lift-based application that compiles a
graphical rendition of functional expressions into expressions in a
functional language.