[Caml-list] JOB: hack OCaml at a mobile startup

Jake Donham

Apr 25, 2007, 12:27:06 PM4/25/07
to caml-list
Hi,

I hope the following job post is not unwelcome. Thanks,

Jake

--

Skydeck is a startup developing software and services at the
intersection of mobile phones, Internet telephony, and the web. We are

To us a great programmer is someone who:

* Gets things done.
* Can debug effectively.
* Knows how to remove complexity.
* Has tried many different ways of programming.
* Thinks programming is about the most fun thing out there.
* Can express himself or herself clearly in speech and writing.
* Has enough of an ego to dive into difficult projects.
* Can set aside ego to work with others.
* Is always striving to improve.

Some reasons you might like working at Skydeck:

* We are small enough that you will have a big impact on what the
company becomes, both technically and culturally.

* We think the best way to get software out the door is with a small
number of the best people that we can find.

* We use the sharpest tools available, and build our own when needed.

* Our products are going to be used by a lot of people and will change
the mobile phone business for the better.

We program in OCaml when we can and C++ and Java when we must, on Linux,
Symbian, and Windows Mobile, but we require no specific experience.

Write to us at ocam...@skydeck.com. To get our attention, tell us what
you think is broken about the mobile phone market in the US today.