[Caml-list] Running several parsers in a single runtime (nethttpd, Menhir)

Joel Reymont

Mar 30, 2007, 8:11:49 AM3/30/07
to Caml List
Folks,

It appears that Parsing uses global state, e.g.

let rhs_loc n = (Parsing.rhs_start_pos n, Parsing.rhs_end_pos n)

I'm building an "app server" to provide translation services to Ruby/
Rails . How would you suggest I work around the global state issue?
Would I need to switch to Menhir?

Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

Nicolas Pouillard

Mar 30, 2007, 8:55:41 AM3/30/07
to Joel Reymont
On 3/30/07, Joel Reymont <joe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It appears that Parsing uses global state, e.g.
>
> let rhs_loc n = (Parsing.rhs_start_pos n, Parsing.rhs_end_pos n)
>
> I'm building an "app server" to provide translation services to Ruby/
> Rails . How would you suggest I work around the global state issue?
> Would I need to switch to Menhir?

Yes Menhir is reentrant.

--
Nicolas Pouillard