[Caml-list] camlp4: Parsing and transforming class definitions

Joel Reymont

Oct 4, 2007, 11:33:25 AM10/4/07
to Caml List
Folks,

I would like to use camlp4 to parse OCaml class definitions and
transform the code if the class inherits from a given one. Are there
any OCaml extensions that manipulate classes?

For the record, I would like to generate define Cocoa classes in
OCaml and automatically generate all the required FFI wrappers.

Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com

Martin Jambon

Oct 4, 2007, 12:13:24 PM10/4/07
to Joel Reymont, Caml List
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Joel Reymont wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I would like to use camlp4 to parse OCaml class definitions and transform the
> code if the class inherits from a given one. Are there any OCaml extensions
> that manipulate classes?

See Jacques Garrigue's pa_oo extension. I think Nicolas made a port to
camlp4 3.10.
http://www.math.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/code/pa_oo.ml

> For the record, I would like to generate define Cocoa classes in OCaml and
> automatically generate all the required FFI wrappers.
>
> Thanks, Joel
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com

http://martin.jambon.free.fr

Nicolas Pouillard

Oct 6, 2007, 3:40:21 AM10/6/07
to martin.jambon, caml-list
Excerpts from martin.jambon's message of Thu Oct 04 18:05:22 +0200 2007:

> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I would like to use camlp4 to parse OCaml class definitions and transform the
> > code if the class inherits from a given one. Are there any OCaml extensions
> > that manipulate classes?
>
> See Jacques Garrigue's pa_oo extension. I think Nicolas made a port to
> camlp4 3.10.
> http://www.math.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/code/pa_oo.ml

No it's not part of the distribution (but I think it should).

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai