[Caml-list] ANNOUNCE: bitmatch 1.0

Richard Jones

May 18, 2008, 12:32:17 PM5/18/08
to caml...@inria.fr
I'm pleased to announce the first stable release of bitmatch, version 1.0.

We have a NEW home page:

http://code.google.com/p/bitmatch/

Bitmatch adds Erlang-style bitstring matching and construction syntax
to OCaml. It makes parsing binary files, formats and protocols
exceptionally simple. It has numerous features including 1-64 bit
integers, strings, efficient subsets of bitstrings, big- and little-
endianness, signed and unsigned types, variable-width fields, and
fields with arbitrary bit-level alignment.

You might also want to check out our tool virt-df which uses bitmatch
to parse a wide variety of disk formats:

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

The source code for the diskimage library is a good place to see
bitmatch in real world usage:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virt-df--devel?cmd=manifest;manifest=64ac2a858070b95bc02445b9bb966786e84bebe7;path=/lib/

Bitmatch is available under the GNU LGPL version 2 or later with the
usual OCaml linking exception.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones