[Caml-list] Suffix trees

Jon Harrop

Aug 13, 2007, 5:29:21 AM8/13/07
to caml...@inria.fr

Anyone got any high-performance suffix tree implementations in OCaml? (I've
seen Jean-Christophe's)

OCaml for Scientists
http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/ocaml_for_scientists/?e

Sebastien Ferre

Aug 31, 2007, 4:30:32 AM8/31/07
to Jon Harrop, caml...@inria.fr
Hi,

Jon Harrop wrote:
> Anyone got any high-performance suffix tree implementations in OCaml? (I've
> seen Jean-Christophe's)

you can find the implementation I made for my
own needs at http://www.irisa.fr/LIS/ferre/software.en.html .
I hope it will fit your needs. I thrived to make it
efficient.

It is possible to make it more efficient by
removing the code for the computation of maximal substrings
that makes the computation of the suffix tree in O(n.ln(n))
instead of O(n).
The motivation for the computation of these maximal substrings
can be found in the following paper:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/a2p06g831821054g/

Do not hesitate to ask me explanations about the interface
as the comments are rather limited :-).

Cheers,
Sébastien Ferré