[Caml-list] ANN: XmlRpc-Light 0.6

1 view

Dave Benjamin

Nov 25, 2007, 3:40:46 PM11/25/07
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
I have released XmlRpc-Light 0.6. XmlRpc-Light is an XmlRpc client and
server library written in OCaml. It requires Xml-Light and Ocamlnet 2.

http://code.google.com/p/xmlrpc-light/

This release introduces a new module, XmlRpcDateTime, which provides a
date time type (still a tuple of integers), time-zone-aware equality and
comparison, XmlRpc-flavored iso-8601 parsing and generation, time zone
adjustment, and conversion functions to- and from- Unix float and
Unix.tm for both local and UTC times. There is also a handy "now()"
function to build a time stamp for the current time. The Unix conversion
functions follow the same naming convention as Julien Signoles' calendar
library to ease integration with that package.

I have written a suite of unit tests, based on Maas-Maarten Zeeman's
oUnit framework, which you can run by typing "make test". These tests
cover parsing and generation of XmlRpc values and messages, date-time
parsing and arithmetic, and the server's function call and error
handling behavior.

The WordPress example library has been updated to support WordPress 2.3,
which now provides UTC date-time values. The interface has been kept
mostly the same. It now uses XmlRpcDateTime.t instead of defining a
"datetime" type, but this shouldn't break any code since due to
structural typing. The one thing that doesn't work the same is the
"suggest_categories" method, since WordPress has completely changed the
structure of its results. Rather than attempt to make any sense of the
new result format, which is rather odd, I decided to punt here and just
return an XmlRpc.value (variant).

Finally, I have added support for the somewhat controversial "nil" type.
Not all servers support this type, and Dave Winer has been known to be
adamantly opposed to it, but it has become a de-facto standard and quite
a few XmlRpc libraries support it now. If you don't like it, don't use
it. =)

Best wishes,
Dave