[Caml-list] ANN: froc 0.2

Jake Donham

May 7, 2010, 2:16:52 PM5/7/10
to OCaml List
Hi list,

I am happy to announce the release of version 0.2 of the froc library
for functional reactive programming in OCaml. There are a
number of improvements:

* better event model: there is now a notion of simultaneous events,
and behaviors and events can now be freely mixed
* self-adjusting computation (see
http://ttic.uchicago.edu/~umut/projects/self-adjusting-computation/)
is now supported via memo functions; needless recomputation can be
avoided in some cases
* faster priority queue and timeline data structures
* behavior and event types split into co- and contra-variant views
for subtyping
* bug fixes and cleanup

Development of froc has moved from Google Code to Github; see

* project page: http://github.com/jaked/froc
* documentation: http://jaked.github.com/froc
* downloads: http://github.com/jaked/froc/downloads

Thanks to Ruy Ley-Wild for helpful discussion, and to Daniel B�nzli
for helpful discussion and many good ideas in React.

You may be interested in this blog post describing the implementation:

http://ambassadortothecomputers.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-froc-works.html

I hope you find this work useful. Let me know what you think.

Jake