[Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml-Allegro

Florent Monnier

Dec 23, 2007, 5:00:21 PM12/23/07
to OCaml
Hi,

I have released OCaml-Allegro, an OCaml binding for Allegro.
Allegro is a cross-platform library intended for use in computer games and
other types of multimedia programming.

It is available here:
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Allegro/

You can have a look at the interface generated documentation here:
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/Allegro/doc/

Some exemples from the original Allegro source package are provided converted
in OCaml. (Feedback on the binding with these exemples is wellcome.)

You can read an introduction of the library on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegro_library
or more details, description and documentation on the official website:
http://alleg.sourceforge.net/

--
Regards

joshua....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 10:37:07 PM12/28/07
Hey,

I just checked out your binding and noticed it's licensed under the
GPL.

Isn't it a little harsh to use GPL for a *binding* to a library that's
practically BSD licensed? Seems like it sort of defeats the purpose of
using a public domain library.

-JC