[Caml-list] 3.10.2 release candidate 1

Damien Doligez

Feb 19, 2008, 11:00:49 AM2/19/08
to caml users
Dear OCaml users,

We have prepared a release candidate for OCaml 3.10.2. It is
available in source
code at
< ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/cristal/ocaml/ocaml-3.10/ocaml-3.10.2+rc1.tar.bz2
>.

Please download it, try it, and report success or failure to me:
< damien....@inria.fr >.

See if you can help fill the holes in
< http://gallium.inria.fr/~doligez/csl-rc-test.html >.

-- Damien

Objective Caml 3.10.2+rc1:
--------------------------

Bug fixes:
- PR#1217 (partial) Typo in ocamldep man page
- PR#4455 str.mli not installed under Windows
- PR#4473 crash when accessing float array with polymorphic method
- PR#4480 runtime would not compile without gcc extensions
- PR#4481 wrong typing of exceptions with object arguments
- PR#4490 typo in error message
- Random crash on 32-bit when major_heap_increment >= 2^22
- Big performance bug in Weak hashtables
- Small bugs in the make-package-macosx script
- Bug in typing of polymorphic variants (reported on caml-list)

Daniel de Rauglaudre

Feb 20, 2008, 6:29:47 AM2/20/08
to caml...@inria.fr
Hello everybody,

New release of Camlp5: 5.08

Main changes:
- Added compatibility with OCaml version 3.10.2.
- Fixed bug about access to big arrays in normal syntax.
- Added "pr_extprint.cmo", printer rebuilding EXTEND_PRINTER
statements in their original syntax.

Sources and documentation available at:
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/camlp5/

Sorry for those who wrote me about some bugs and improvements in Camlp5.
I have been very busy on other topics these days and no time to look at
them. But I don't forget you...

--
Daniel de Rauglaudre
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/

David Allsopp

Feb 26, 2008, 3:00:54 PM2/26/08
to caml users
Damien et al,

OCaml 3.10.2+rc1 seems to work on Windows XP SP2/Cygwin+MinGW (which deals
with one of the tests below). I've also successfully built findlib 1.2.1,
ocamlODBC 2.15, calendar 2.0.1 and ExtLib 1.5.1 but with issues which I'm
posting here in case anyone else wishes elaborate/correct on them:

findlib 1.2.1
The detection of site-libs\stublibs in ld.conf for the warning at
the end of ocamlfind install is case sensitive (so C: and c: are erroneously
considered different).

ocamlODBC 2.15
Configure.nt & Makefile.nt no longer need to mess around with
cygpath when building ocaml_odbc_c.o because ocaml_odbc_c.c now references
the OCaml headers correctly ("caml/mlvalues.h" etc).

Calendar 2.0.1
The Makefile needs to pass -slash to ocamldep or the .depend file is
corrupt when using Cygwin make as a MinGW built ocamldep uses backslashes (I
presume something must changed since 1.9.5 as I haven't needed to patch for
that before).

ExtLib 1.5.1
Has the wrong version number in META.txt.

HTH,

David