[Caml-list] Learn OCaml or the bunny gets it

Jon Harrop

Jan 14, 2007, 6:38:34 PM1/14/07
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr

Having read a thread about a real-time ray tracer by Jacco Bikker rendering
the Stanford bunny at 7fps, I decided to try rendering the bunny from OCaml.

Chucking it into an OpenGL display list gets me about 450fps on my machine
(2.2GHz AMD64, GeForce 7900GT) with 16x FSAA for only 85 lines of code:

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/free/bunny/

I'm working on shadows...

Objective CAML for Scientists