[Caml-list] concurrency using forks and pipes (some working code)

Christopher Cramer

Jun 4, 2007, 3:15:49 AM6/4/07
to caml...@inria.fr
Jon Harrop asked about this recently and I thought it was an interesting
idea and implemented it:

http://yumegakanau.org/blog/2007/06/03/

(BTW I don't think you are "faking" concurrency by using fork...)

Erik de Castro Lopo

Jun 4, 2007, 3:52:45 AM6/4/07
to caml...@inria.fr
Christopher Cramer wrote:

> Jon Harrop asked about this recently and I thought it was an interesting
> idea and implemented it:
>
> http://yumegakanau.org/blog/2007/06/03/

Is this not redundant with the recent release of JoCaml?

> (BTW I don't think you are "faking" concurrency by using fork...)

I consider concurrency with forking the correct way to do it
and concurrency with threads as "faking" it :-).

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"TLC declared bankruptcy after they received less than 2 percent of the $175
million earned by their CD sales. That was about 40 times less than the
profit that was divided among their management, production and record
companies." -- Courtney Love on the REAL piracy