[Caml-list] OS X, main program in C, No bytecode file specified

John Whitington

Feb 15, 2007, 5:36:18 AM2/15/07
to caml...@inria.fr
Dear all,

I have a main program in C, and some ocaml code. I usually compile to native code
using ocamlopt -output-obj and then have XCode compile the C and link the whole
together. This works well.

However, due to a bug which prevents my using natively compiled code at the
moment, I'm trying to replicate the situation with bytecode.

So now, I use ocamlc -output-obj, and link camlrun instead of asmrun.

This compiles and links but, when run, gives "No bytecode file specified".

The executable is not being stripped. I'm using Ocaml 3.09.3 on OSX 10.4/ppc.

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?

--
John Whitington

EL CHAAR Rabih SGAM/AI/SAM

Feb 15, 2007, 8:56:07 AM2/15/07
to John Whitington, caml...@inria.fr
What parameters are you passing in you caml_startup call?

I usually do the following

char * argv1[2];
argv1[0]="--";
argv1[1]=NULL;
caml_startup(argv1);

Feb 15, 2007, 10:08:53 AM2/15/07
to caml...@inria.fr
Quoting EL CHAAR Rabih SGAM/AI/SAM <RABIH....@sgam.com>:

> What parameters are you passing in you caml_startup call?

Ah, thanks. I'd been using caml_main. According to the docs, this shouldn't have
worked in the native code case, but it did. Hence my error. It works now.

Cheers,