[Caml-list] ANNOUNCE: CDuce is now in Fedora

1 view

Richard Jones

Mar 28, 2008, 3:12:40 PM3/28/08
to us...@cduce.org, caml...@inria.fr
It took us a little while, but CDuce and all its dependencies are now
part of Fedora. It will appear in a few weeks as an update to Fedora
8, and is a standard package from Fedora 9 onwards.

This is a pretty complete build which should include every feature
including the OCaml syntax extension. The only part we couldn't get
working in time was 64 bit PowerPC platform support which is down to
an unrelated bug in our port of the OCaml compiler to Linux/ppc64.

I would really like members of the CDuce community to try it out.
Even if you don't run Fedora now, you can install Fedora under
virtualization using QEmu[1], or run Fedora from a Live CD[2]. After
installing Fedora, you should be able to get CDuce and its
dependencies by running this command as root:

Fedora 8:
yum --enablerepo=development install cduce

Fedora 9:
yum install cduce

Any problems with installation, please contact me. If you find any
bugs related to the Fedora port of CDuce, please report them through
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Thanks to Xavier Lamien and Giuseppe Castagna for their invaluable
help with this release.

Rich.

[1] http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora,
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

Richard Jones

Apr 9, 2008, 9:41:06 AM4/9/08
to us...@mailman.cduce.org, caml...@inria.fr
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 07:12:18PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Fedora 8:
> yum --enablerepo=development install cduce

It's now in testing in Fedora 8, so you should just be able to install
cduce directly without enabling any extra repositories.

Rich.