EPR Paradox, Entanglement, and Black Holes (was: CUH => Quantum Gravity => MUH => God)

Felix Hoenikker

Jun 3, 2011, 1:34:17 PM6/3/11
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russell,

I know I replied already, but I wanted to elaborate on a physics conjecture that I had:

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:
> We can also conclude that, since inflation speed is related to the
> energy density of the universe, and the size of the universe is
> finite, then the universe should expand at an ever slowing rate until
> possibly stopping.  This may or may not be true, given our current
> cosmological picture (the main whole in our understanding lies in the
> dark matter / dark energy).  But if you consider something else, you
> get a very interesting postdiction: basically, the EPR paradox and
> quantum entanglement implies that the number of distinct accessible
> states for two (classically) closed systems together may be less than
> the number each has individually, because the two could be entangled
> (and, in the limit of complete entanglement, have only 1 accessible
> successor state).  This implies that mass-energy is *not* classically
> additive unless you take into account all quantum entangement within a
> system.  So, this suggests that, there may be "negative pressure
> energy" present in the universe in proportion to the amount of net
> entanglement present between states.  This, in a nutshell, is a
> postdiction of "dark energy" (and possibly dark matter?).

Interesting...

I think, In fact, this *predicts* the following:

1) The EPR paradox may be explainable using a relativistic hidden variables in the following manner: as two states become entangled, the net gravitational pull of the combined system will decrease by exactly one "bit" worth of gravity.  As the states are brought further apart, this reduces the gravitational pull of the combined system such that it looks like, from the "outside", energy has been lost, and the net gravitational energy of the system decreases.  This energy is regained as the two states are brought back together again, finally being erased when the two enter superposition again.

And:

2) Gravitational singularities cannot truly exist and the no-hair theorem is incorrect.  If black holes truly had no hair and were a single quantum pure state, then they would have zero net gravitational pull, so, in fact, no true singularity can ever form.  From the outside perspective, the information of anyone entering a black-hole appears to be "lost", but must in fact, really radiate in some form which is entangled with the matter beyond the event horizon in a symmetric manner.  This information must be, by definition, unobservable, because matter beyond the horizon is unobservable. This is (a form of) dark energy, since we will never be able to observe it, even in principle: it is basically is the net entanglement of matter within black holes with the "rest of the universe", which is, in a sense, pulling "back" on the black hole, keeping it from fully collapsing on itself, exactly enough to prevent the formation of a singularity.  Over time, the "rest of the universe" wins out, pulling the black-hole apart and basically replaying back all the information "lost" to the black hole back again.  So in a sense, anything going "into" a black hole can, in fact, eventually "come out", albeit in very spaghettified form.  Furthermore, this provides a fully deterministic model for predicting an end-state Big Crunch: essentially, the end of the universe is when all the very last surviving black holes "unroll themselves" all at once, collapsing the universe back down to a single point, until it once again becomes energetic enough to force another exact Big Bang.

Anyway, I really think this strongly suggests some form of relativistic hidden variables as the correct theory of both QM and GR.  Also, I agree that this is really MWI in disguse, but that this is actually a *good* thing, since it means that locally we preserve the MWI picture exactly but can also make hard predictions on a cosmological (and singularity) scale, which is exactly where GM and GR currently break down.  Also, another advantage is that, as I understand it, current non-relativistic Bohmian mechanics currently predicts the Born rules as arriving probabilistically in the limit of large numbers of unentangled particles, which most forms of MWI cannot do.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

F.H.

Felix Hoenikker

Jun 3, 2011, 3:46:45 PM6/3/11
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Oh my god.  This goes further:

By the argument below, black holes apparently exist, but, in fact, they "cannot" really exist, because no true singularity forms.  But in the "classically limiting" (i.e. non-relativistic QM) form, they sort of do.  So let's reason:

1) By the argument below, black holes "appear" to compress all matter that enters them until the "end of time", at the end of which they fling all matter back to their original location in a Big Crunch.  If you think about it, this has to be done in a very symmetric way, such that everything replays itself exactly as it started (i.e. CPT symmetry).  So matter comes out as "anti-matter", everything is reversed, etc.  In the limit of infinite time, this makes perfect sense. So if you cross an event horizon, you should theoretically reorganize yourself back to the beginning of time in spaghettified form (i.e. exactly one bit of information at a time), and in a way that the universal microscopic structure becomes the universal microscopic structure.

2) But there are no black holes!  It just looks like there are.  Therefore, travelling near an "apparent" black hole and "coming back" implies that you are length contracted, time dilated, exactly as predicted by general relativity. But we already showed that it "looks like" you should come back at the "end of time" in CPT reversed fashion.  But in fact, that cannot happen, so there actually *is* no such thing as anti-matter, and every point in space is actually its own reflection across time.  And, in fact, every apparent black hole has the structure of the entire "rest of the universe" within it, recursively.  On some level, the Big Bang and the Big Crunch are happening all the time at larger and larger scales, but this is actually completely symmetric in the sense that everything at a "large" scale must correspond to everything at a "small scale", at every level. So the structure at smaller and smaller length scales should be exactly equivalent to each other, and, in some sense, the "entire universe" is an atom next to another "entire universe" atom.  The only true universal force is the force of gravity, and all other forces are the result of converged structure at different levels.

I don't know what to say anymore.  Oh my god.

Richard Ruquist

Jun 3, 2011, 6:46:27 PM6/3/11
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
From Wiki- Nikodem Poplawski (b. 1975) is a theoretical physicist at Indiana University, most widely noted for the proposal that the Universe in which the Earth exists may be located within the wormhole of a black hole which itself exists in an even larger universe.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] Poplawski's theory presents an alternative to the popular theory that within black holes lie gravitational singularities and provides a theoretical explanation, based on the torsion of spacetime, for a cosmological scenario of fecund universes proposed earlier by Smolin.[9]

Based on analysis of the Einstein-Cartan-Sciama-Kibble Theory of Gravity's explanation of torsion as a result of particle spin, Poplawski suggests that when matter density reaches more than about 1050kilograms per cubic meter inside a black hole, torsion manifests itself as a force that counters gravity, and that, rather than forming a singularity, it quickly rebounds like a coiled spring to which pressure has been applied. Poplawski theorizes that this extraordinary level of torsion may account for what is observed as the current expansion of the spatially flat, homogeneous and isotropic universe, the prevailing explanation for which is known as cosmic inflation.[10][11][12] The rotation of a black hole would influence the spacetime inside it, resulting in a "preferred direction" within our universe, and therefore, Poplawski suggests that observable violations of Lorentz symmetry might provide evidence for his theory.[13] Neutrinos which have been observed oscillating from one type to another have been suggested as the occurrence of such a violation.

The theory further suggests that every black hole may have a wormhole that contains a universe which forms simultaneously with its black hole's formation. Poplawski also suggests that black holes at the center of the Milky Way and other galaxies may be bridges to other universes.[14] Accordingly, our own Universe may be the interior of a black hole existing inside another universe, as proposed earlier by Pathria.[15]

So according to Poplawski's theory, the matter/mass absorbed by black holes may be ejected along the way to the big crunch in the form of new universes. That is also a hypothesis of my megaverse string cosmology: http://vixra.org/abs/0911.0046 Richard