E-VAN on 18th November 2009 - Mark Nijhof on the DDD/CQRS Sample Application

Jan Van Ryswyck

Oct 29, 2009, 4:38:27 PM10/29/09
to E-VAN
Mark Nijhof agreed to join us again for the next E-VAN.

http://europevan.blogspot.com/2009/10/next-european-van-on-18-november-2009.html

It would be nice if you could take a look at the source code and
provide your questions/feedback on this thread. Both Colin and myself
will gather all input so that Mark can show some related code during
the session and hopefully answer all your questions.

If you are as confused by the time zones as we are, then check out
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ or http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Jan Van Ryswyck

Nov 7, 2009, 3:30:47 PM11/7/09
to E-VAN
Alright, let me be the first one to put out some questions. The
following is something I would like to hear more about in the upcoming
E-VAN session:

- The optimistic locking strategy of aggregate roots.
- Why there is a DirectCommandBus and DirectEventBus and not just a
single DirectBus? Both classes almost share the same implementation.
- What I couldn't find in the code is how to deal with validation and
requirements like uniqueness of entities/ARs. I would love to see/
learn more about a good approach in CQRS.
- There are no references from entities/ARs to other ARs except for
their ID. Is this a DDD best practice anyway (CQRS or DDD light)?

Grtz,

Jan

On Oct 29, 9:38 pm, Jan Van Ryswyck <jan.van.rysw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Nijhof agreed to join us again for the next E-VAN.
>
> http://europevan.blogspot.com/2009/10/next-european-van-on-18-novembe...

Neil

Nov 7, 2009, 4:13:11 PM11/7/09
to E-VAN
Just started looking at the code now - very interesting & some great
patterns in there, thanks!

Quick tip to anyone with a 32bit PC - strip out all of the SqlLite
references and replace with the 32bit version :)

Back with questions in a bit no doubt.

Mark Nijhof

Nov 7, 2009, 6:19:04 PM11/7/09
to euro...@googlegroups.com
Neil,

I added a readme for this I mentioned it at the Yahoo group, but a
readme is better :) instead of stripping out the references just
replace the x64 dll's with the x86 in the lib folder.

-Mark

Neil

Nov 8, 2009, 8:34:40 AM11/8/09
to E-VAN
Hi Mark,

thanks - next time I'll RTFM :)
> > Back with questions in a bit no doubt.- Hide quoted text -

Mark Nijhof

Nov 8, 2009, 12:28:37 PM11/8/09
to euro...@googlegroups.com
No no I added it just now, my fault not yours.

-Mark

Sent from my iPhone