Eurovision / Lordi on BBC 1 News

m1z

May 20, 2006, 8:10:29 AM5/20/06
Dear neigbours,

Does anybody know where to find BBC 1 News from fridaynight online? I am
looking for the report about the Eurovision Songcontest, wich was mainly
about the Finnish contributers 'Lordi'. Especially the images of the
Lordi monsters resting at a swimming pool in hot Athens were hilarious!

And don't forget to vote Lordi! ( No i'm not a Finn!)

http://www.lordi.org

http://www.votelordi.org

http://www.herneli.org/Lordi.Hard.Rock.Hallelujah.at.Eurovision.2006.Semifinals.avi

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sipila.mikko/Lordi_Euroviisut.avi

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikturu/lordi-euro.swf

http://www.pinseri.com/2006/05/19/thank-you-europe/

http://www.hs.fi/kuvakoosteframe/1135219957895

Cheerz!

;-)
m1z

pasi.hak...@pp.nic.fi

May 20, 2006, 10:32:42 AM5/20/06

> And don't forget to vote Lordi! ( No i'm not a Finn!)

First time ever I really would like to vote in Eurovisions and I can't
cause I'm Finn.

Pasi

Roman Werpachowski

May 20, 2006, 1:21:39 PM5/20/06
It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi :)

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 20, 2006, 6:15:33 PM5/20/06

"Roman Werpachowski" <roman.wer...@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

> It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi :)

He won.
But may I ask you why you would have or perhaps voted for him/his group?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

Roman Werpachowski

May 20, 2006, 8:02:31 PM5/20/06
Because they're not as kitch as the other groups, have great costumes
and have a sens of humor.

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 20, 2006, 8:10:08 PM5/20/06

> Because they're not as kitch as the other groups, have great costumes
> and have a sens of humor.

What did you think about the Swedish singer Carola?

Roman Werpachowski

May 20, 2006, 8:15:42 PM5/20/06
Didn't see her. I only saw Lordi's song. I generally hate the type of
music which is being presented at Eurovision, so I greeted the
possibility of some other genre winning the contest with great
enthusiasm ;-)

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 21, 2006, 8:47:24 AM5/21/06

"Roman Werpachowski" <roman.wer...@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet

Well, I think that Carola has a melodious voice.
As to hard rock how would you describe its philosophy?

你讲什么语 ?

Roman Werpachowski

May 21, 2006, 9:01:24 AM5/21/06
What philosophy? It's just entertainment to me.

Thomas Koenig

May 21, 2006, 1:16:32 PM5/21/06
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Roman Werpachowski" <roman.wer...@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi :)
>
> He won.
> But may I ask you why you would have or perhaps voted for him/his group?

Well, for starters, it was one on of the few songs that was melodic.
That's a plus, although my favorite was from the UK, which had at least
a neat choreography and a nice chorus. God knows, why this yellowish guy
had to snoop around there, I guess he wanted to grab his chance as a
Busta Rhymes impostor, but, sadly he ain't the real deal.

I also didn't mind the German entry this time, although their
choreography was hideous, with the front madam swirling her arm around
in a manner that is reminiscent of the stereotypical eager beaver school
girl.

I'm also glad, Severina with her Balkan antics stuck it up some of her
nationalist compatriots, who claim to be so /Mitteleuropa/ (what's so
good about grumpy waiters serving yucky stew on the backdrop of humpapa
Schlagers in the first place?).

While the competition for the worst entry was, as always, fierce, let me
mention a few standouts: Israel fielded of all things some sort of a
church choir? What was that about?

Ralph Siegel and Bernd Meinunger, who for decades aimed to gain Germany
the worst possible reputation for some reason abandoned their laudable
project and cruelly descended onto Switzerland. Their entry gets the
golden lemon, although Mr. Eyebrow from Malta gave them a run for the money.

In terms of sloppyness, Moldova's entry from the guy from O-Zone needs
to be mentioned: What was he thinking? That changing a bikini is a
sufficient effort?

The prize for sloppiest performance goes, however, to Las Ketchup, the
Spanish entry. C'mon, girls, you haven't rehearsed that song once. Any
random outfit assembled on a the beach in Santander would have done a
better job. But, as Terry Wogan concisely commented: "I think the
Spaniards just don't care any longer."

Apropos Wogan, I don't know, if the Continental Europeans know, but to
watch the show with Terry Wogan's sarcastic commentary, it's a treat,
despite its dubious musical credentials; I just hope the "amazingly"
poor Maria Menuous will never have to hear his comments.

BTW: When will RAI give up its childish boycott?

PS: An academic explanation of the voting outcome:
http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/9/2/1.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 21, 2006, 6:43:27 PM5/21/06

"Thomas Koenig" <fo...@gmx.li> skrev i meddelandet

> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > "Roman Werpachowski" <roman.wer...@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> >> It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi
:)

> > He won.
> > But may I ask you why you would have or perhaps voted for him/his group?
>
> Well, for starters, it was one on of the few songs that was melodic.
> That's a plus,

I´ll get straight to the point.
Is there any connection between hard rock and racism?

> BTW: When will RAI give up its childish boycott?

Is it a boycott or is RAI just not interested in the program?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero

Christian Gottschalk

May 21, 2006, 6:57:44 PM5/21/06
Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:

> I´ll get straight to the point.
> Is there any connection between hard rock and racism?

They share three letters. That's pretty much it.

Ciao,
Christian

Mike Hall

May 21, 2006, 9:25:26 PM5/21/06

Racists may be hit on the head with a hard rock. This connection becomes
more insidious the more one looks at it!

Mike Hall

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 21, 2006, 10:24:24 PM5/21/06

"Christian Gottschalk" <siri...@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet

Well, I hope that it is only that.
I´ll get to the second point now.
I am under the impression that many people liked Lordi because the latter
were dressed and behaved in a unconventional way.
Yet, how many people like men/women who are dressed in an unconventional
way if they meet them on the road in everyday life?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/europa/italien/markerna/ancona/numana/semesterbostader.php

Christian Gottschalk

May 22, 2006, 2:21:22 AM5/22/06
Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
>> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
>> > I´ll get straight to the point.
>> > Is there any connection between hard rock and racism?
>> They share three letters. That's pretty much it.
> Well, I hope that it is only that.

Say, are you implying anything?

> I´ll get to the second point now.
> I am under the impression that many people liked Lordi because the latter
> were dressed and behaved in a unconventional way.

That's very likely.

> Yet, how many people like men/women who are dressed in an unconventional
> way if they meet them on the road in everyday life?

It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in
art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
doesn't mean you want to see a real one.

Ciao,
Christian

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 22, 2006, 7:57:57 AM5/22/06

> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
> >> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
> >> They share three letters. That's pretty much it.
> > Well, I hope that it is only that.
>
> Say, are you implying anything?

My question was serious.

> > I´ll get to the second point now.
> > I am under the impression that many people liked Lordi because the
latter
> > were dressed and behaved in a unconventional way.
>
> That's very likely.

> > Yet, how many people like men/women who are dressed in an
unconventional
> > way if they meet them on the road in everyday life?
>
> It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in
> art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
> doesn't mean you want to see a real one.

That does not say why they do not do that...
Why do they like unconventional art but not unconventional reality if that
is the case?

TT Arvind

May 22, 2006, 10:21:16 AM5/22/06
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Christian Gottschalk" <siri...@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet

> > It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in

> > art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
> > doesn't mean you want to see a real one.
>
> That does not say why they do not do that...
> Why do they like unconventional art but not unconventional reality if that
> is the case?

Because people apply different standards to art and reality, even in
relation to "conventional" art. Oslo is full of sculptures of naked
women, but one does not see too many naked women walking the streets
and I doubt they would be received with the same degree of equanimity
that the sculptures are. Similarly, many who are comfortable with sex
scenes in movies would object most strenuously to people making love in
the street.

regards,

Arvind

Sam Nelson

May 22, 2006, 10:59:14 AM5/22/06
In article <1148307676.6...@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

"TT Arvind" <ttar...@hotmail.com> writes:
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > "Christian Gottschalk" <siri...@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet
> > > It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in
> > > art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
> > > doesn't mean you want to see a real one.
> >
> > That does not say why they do not do that...
> > Why do they like unconventional art but not unconventional reality if that
> > is the case?
>
> Because people apply different standards to art and reality, even in
> relation to "conventional" art. Oslo is full of sculptures of naked
> women, but one does not see too many naked women walking the streets

That'll be because of all the statues blocking their way.

> Similarly, many who are comfortable with sex
> scenes in movies would object most strenuously to people making love in
> the street.

People still do that? `Make love', I mean. Only after they've set their
caps at each other and courted, I hope.
--
SAm.

Christian Gottschalk

May 22, 2006, 12:25:59 PM5/22/06
Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
>> > Well, I hope that it is only that.
>> Say, are you implying anything?
> My question was serious.

Certainly, but it seems you're out to prove your point.

>> > I´ll get to the second point now.
>> > I am under the impression that many people liked Lordi because the
> latter
>> > were dressed and behaved in a unconventional way.
>> That's very likely.
>> > Yet, how many people like men/women who are dressed in an
> unconventional
>> > way if they meet them on the road in everyday life?
>> It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in
>> art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
>> doesn't mean you want to see a real one.
> That does not say why they do not do that...
> Why do they like unconventional art but not unconventional reality if that
> is the case?

Well, see Arvind's answer. I agree with him.

Ciao,
Christian

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 22, 2006, 12:32:08 PM5/22/06

> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
> >> Say, are you implying anything?
> > My question was serious.
>
> Certainly, but it seems you're out to prove your point.

I did not want to prove anything, I asked a question as a way to try and
find out how things are.
I did not only ask here...

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

Christian Gottschalk

May 22, 2006, 12:27:59 PM5/22/06
Also sprach TT Arvind:

>> > It's art. People don't neccessarily like in reality what they like in
>> > art. Another example: Having a picture of a mushroom cloud on your wall
>> > doesn't mean you want to see a real one.
>> That does not say why they do not do that...
>> Why do they like unconventional art but not unconventional reality if that
>> is the case?
> Because people apply different standards to art and reality, even in
> relation to "conventional" art. Oslo is full of sculptures of naked
> women, but one does not see too many naked women walking the streets
> and I doubt they would be received with the same degree of equanimity
> that the sculptures are. Similarly, many who are comfortable with sex
> scenes in movies would object most strenuously to people making love in
> the street.

And more to the point, people may find homosexual porn extremly hot, but
may strongly object to their own kids being gay.

Ciao,
Christian

Alan Hope

May 22, 2006, 3:34:14 PM5/22/06
Christian Gottschalk goes:

>And more to the point, people may find homosexual porn extremly hot, but
>may strongly object to their own kids being gay.

Eh? Homo porn? More to what point?

--
AH
http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

Alan Hope

May 22, 2006, 3:35:05 PM5/22/06
Luigi Donatello Asero goes:

>"Christian Gottschalk" <siri...@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet
>> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:
>> > My question was serious.

>> Certainly, but it seems you're out to prove your point.

>I did not want to prove anything, I asked a question as a way to try and
>find out how things are.
>I did not only ask here...

I can confirm that. He also asked here.

--
AH
http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

Christian Gottschalk

May 22, 2006, 4:18:59 PM5/22/06
Also sprach Alan Hope:

>>And more to the point, people may find homosexual porn extremly hot, but
>>may strongly object to their own kids being gay.
> Eh? Homo porn? More to what point?

That people have different standards to real life than to art/fiction.

Ciao,
Christian

TT Arvind

May 22, 2006, 4:54:58 PM5/22/06
Alan Hope wrote:
> Christian Gottschalk goes:
>
> >And more to the point, people may find homosexual porn extremly hot, but
> >may strongly object to their own kids being gay.
>
> Eh? Homo porn? More to what point?

Homo porn? Isn't that supposed to be the next step in the evolution of
homo sapiens?

Alan Hope

May 22, 2006, 5:22:23 PM5/22/06
TT Arvind goes:

Is it? I'm ahead of the field! Charlie Darwin -- look at me!

--
AH
http://sour-grapes.blogsource.com

Luigi Donatello Asero

May 22, 2006, 6:01:46 PM5/22/06

"Alan Hope" <not.al...@mail.com> skrev i meddelandet

> Luigi Donatello Asero goes:
>
> >"Christian Gottschalk" <siri...@gmx.net> skrev i meddelandet
> >> Also sprach Luigi Donatello Asero:

> >> Certainly, but it seems you're out to prove your point.
>
> >I did not want to prove anything, I asked a question as a way to try and
> >find out how things are.
> >I did not only ask here...
>
> I can confirm that. He also asked here.

I did not ask only on the Internet.

Patrick Ahrer

May 24, 2006, 1:32:39 PM5/24/06
Roman Werpachowski schrieb:

> It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi :)

I actually did vote for them. I was able to reach the German voting
number, so I could vote despite Austria's absence from this year's
contest. :-)

I didn't do so just because of the outfit, I really like the song. I had
already heard the entries before the contest and it was the song that I
immediately liked best. I didn't even know about their "special" outfit,
show etc. at that time.

patrick

rosignol

Jun 14, 2006, 6:28:32 AM6/14/06
In article <9yMbg.1015$E02...@newsb.telia.net>,

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggilla...@telia.com> wrote:

> "Roman Werpachowski" <roman.wer...@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > It's the first time I consider voting, too. And it would be for Lordi :)
>
> He won.
> But may I ask you why you would have or perhaps voted for him/his group?

Maybe because it was refreshingly different?

--
al Qaeda delenda est

rosignol

Jun 14, 2006, 6:32:26 AM6/14/06
In article <1148331298.8...@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"TT Arvind" <ttar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Not until someone figures out a way for homosexuals to make each other
pregnant.

J.M.

Jun 15, 2006, 9:07:53 AM6/15/06
rosignol schrieb:

That is hardly a biological impossibility. There is no reason that lesbians
cannot get pregnant if a few gay men donate a bit of....

Jan

Kristoff Bonne

Jun 15, 2006, 10:04:38 AM6/15/06
Jan,

J.M. schreef:

>>Not until someone figures out a way for homosexuals to make each other
>>pregnant.

> That is hardly a biological impossibility. There is no reason that lesbians
> cannot get pregnant if a few gay men donate a bit of....

Actually, the only thing they need donate an empty sperm-cell; that's all.

There a Belgian science-journalist (Dirk Droulants) who wrote a book
about it called "de rooie koning" (the red queen, a reference to the red
queen from Alice in Wonderland).

The books deals with a world with only women, no man. They just need a
couple of men to provide the sperm-cells.

The procedure is like this:
- first you radiate the sperm-cell with UV-light to brake up the DNA of
the man.
- then you insert the DNA from the first woman into the sperm-cell.
- then you inject the sperm-cell into the egg-cell of the 2nd woman.

In theory, you could do with a world with just one single man as he can
produce millions of sperm-cells.

Fact is that when he wrote this book (1994), more then 98% of what he
descibed in the book was then already possible.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312156367/104-6463507-1335111?adid=1SFX4C0SNQ1NB1VYK67C&camp=14573&creative=329585&link%5Fcode=as1&n=283155

> Jan
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

J.M.

Jun 15, 2006, 6:03:49 PM6/15/06
Kristoff Bonne schrieb:

> Jan,
>

> J.M. schreef:
>>>Not until someone figures out a way for homosexuals to make each other
>>>pregnant.
>
>> That is hardly a biological impossibility. There is no reason that
>> lesbians cannot get pregnant if a few gay men donate a bit of....
>
> Actually, the only thing they need donate an empty sperm-cell; that's all.

You seem to have no idea as to what I am talking about. It takes a man and a
woman to have a child in a very traditional manner. Their respective sexual
orientation plays no role in their fertility. At best, it plays a role in
their desire to have sex with one another, but actual intercourse is not
needed to have a child.

Jan

Kristoff Bonne

Jun 17, 2006, 9:09:41 AM6/17/06
Jan,

I tried to reply to this yesterday, but for some reason it did not get
posted. Second try.

J.M. schreef:

>>>That is hardly a biological impossibility. There is no reason that
>>>lesbians cannot get pregnant if a few gay men donate a bit of....

>>Actually, the only thing they need donate an empty sperm-cell; that's all.

> You seem to have no idea as to what I am talking about. It takes a man and a
> woman to have a child in a very traditional manner.

If you say "in a very traditional manner", I agree; but that does not
mean other ways are possible.

If you view it purely biological there is no absolute rule that a male
has to be involved in the reproduction-process.
There are animals who can reproduce asexually or change sex during their
live if the enviromental pressure forces them. Using genetic engineering
it is possible to emulate that with the homo sapiens.

> Jan
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

J.M.

Jun 17, 2006, 6:08:06 PM6/17/06
Kristoff Bonne schrieb:

> Jan,
>

> I tried to reply to this yesterday, but for some reason it did not get
> posted. Second try.

>>>Actually, the only thing they need donate an empty sperm-cell; that's
>>>all.
>
>> You seem to have no idea as to what I am talking about. It takes a man
>> and a woman to have a child in a very traditional manner.
>
> If you say "in a very traditional manner", I agree; but that does not
> mean other ways are possible.
>
> If you view it purely biological there is no absolute rule that a male
> has to be involved in the reproduction-process.

For humans and the current state of technology, males need to be involved,
but there is no reason why these males have to heterosexual. Gay males can
reproduce just the same.

> There are animals who can reproduce asexually or change sex during their
> live if the enviromental pressure forces them. Using genetic engineering
> it is possible to emulate that with the homo sapiens.

You mean "it may be possible in the future"- Currently, it is not, at least
not for humans. And in the future, we may not need females either, who
knows. But that is not the issue. We are talking about today and not
speculating about the future. And more explicitly, *today* humans can
essentially reproduce by
1) traditional intercourse
2) inseminating a woman using available semen (e.g. from a sperm bank)
3) in vitro insemination

All are possible regardless of sexual orientation, although homosexuals may
not *like* 1). Keep in mind that this post was a reply to rosignol, who
suggested gays could not get pregnant, which is plain absurd.

Jan

>> Jan
> Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

rosignol

Jun 27, 2006, 5:52:31 AM6/27/06
In article <4493ff11$0$28388$ba62...@news.skynet.be>,
Kristoff Bonne <compaq...@kristoff.bonne> wrote:

[zap]

> If you view it purely biological there is no absolute rule that a male
> has to be involved in the reproduction-process.

Females, OTOH...

> There are animals who can reproduce asexually or change sex during their
> live if the enviromental pressure forces them.

Amphibians and less advanced critters, yes. More complex ones, no.

> Using genetic engineering
> it is possible to emulate that with the homo sapiens.

'Is' or 'will be'?

rosignol

Jun 27, 2006, 5:54:16 AM6/27/06
In article <e71ug6$u3i$1...@online.de>, "J.M." <jm_jm_re...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Kristoff Bonne schrieb:

[zap]

> > If you view it purely biological there is no absolute rule that a male
> > has to be involved in the reproduction-process.
>
> For humans and the current state of technology, males need to be involved,
> but there is no reason why these males have to heterosexual. Gay males can
> reproduce just the same.

You're being deliberately obtuse. A gay male having sex with a lesbian
may be reproducing homosexuals, but it is not homosexual reproduction.

[zap]