Wrapper for R?

bill_080

May 13, 2011, 9:14:56 PM5/13/11
to Eureqa Group
Is there a wrapper for R? I looked through the list but could only
find the following:

http://code.google.com/p/eureqa-api/source/browse/wiki/open_projects.wiki?r=383

The date on that link is a year old. Has anything been developed?

Michael Schmidt

May 13, 2011, 10:03:16 PM5/13/11
to Eureqa Group
I know some people have implemented some of the Eureqa building-blocks
for R, but I haven't seen any full R clients yet. There are wrappers
for Mathematica and Python though linked at the API page:

On May 13, 9:14 pm, bill_080 <bill_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a wrapper for R?    I looked through the list but could only
> find the following:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/eureqa-api/source/browse/wiki/open_projects....

bill_080

May 13, 2011, 10:36:29 PM5/13/11
to Eureqa Group
I'll keep looking for it.

For now, I'm feeding data from R to Eureqa through the clipboard. It
works fine.

BTW, you guys did a great job on this package.

On May 13, 9:03 pm, Michael Schmidt
> > The date on that link is a year old.    Has anything been developed?- Hide quoted text -

Gábor Bakos

May 14, 2011, 11:55:20 AM5/14/11
to eureqa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

   I have not seen that page before. Maybe I would have to do less to create the Java wrapper... Anyway, you might take a look at the SWIG project, they also offer R binding. (I have to admit it is not an easy task, but probably faster to do this way.)
Cheers, gabor

On Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:36:29 AM UTC+2, bill_080 wrote:
I'll keep looking for it.

For now, I'm feeding data from R to Eureqa through the clipboard.   It
works fine.

BTW, you guys did a great job on this package.

On May 13, 9:03 pm, Michael Schmidt

Gábor Bakos

May 23, 2011, 1:15:28 PM5/23/11
to eureqa...@googlegroups.com
Hello bill_080,

   I used the same sources that were working well for the Java binding and compiled an R binding. So these might work, but I had not too much luck using it (it was ages ago that I was programming R, sorry, it is not my favourite).

   You can find the page here: r.eureqa.ivi.eu.com.

   If anyone successfully uses it please send a message/guide to the eureqa-r google group. (If you see a problem the please tell that too. I guess this might has even worse state than the KNIME plugin.)
Thanks, gabor