Eureqa under WIne

Giuseppe Dia

Dec 4, 2009, 6:51:24 PM12/4/09
to Eureqa Group
It runs flawlessy so far.
Just install it with msiexec /i and you're ready to go.
Everything I tried so far works well. Only Tools->Generate Report
shows nothing (it should?) but it produces an useable html file.
Tested on:
Wine 1.0.1
Ubuntu Karmic AMD64
*****
Good job.

Mike Lawrence

Dec 4, 2009, 11:19:09 PM12/4/09
to Eureqa Group
Works on Snow Leopard as well via winebottler: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Steps (because it took me a bit to figure it out):
1) Put Wine.app and WineBottler.app in your applications folder
2) download the Eureqa installer for windows
3) double click the Eureqa installer for windows (should open via
WineBottler)
4) complete the install
5) Navigate to ~/Wine\ Files/drive_c/Program\ Files/Eureqa\ Software/
Eureqa/
6) make an alias to Eureqa.exe
7) move that alias to your applications folder and run it

Michael Schmidt

Dec 5, 2009, 4:29:00 PM12/5/09
to Eureqa Group
Thank you for testing this!! I've added it to the website and FAQ
( http://ccsl.mae.cornell.edu/eureqa_faq )

Michael