[ANNOUNCE] Purchase Privacy changes

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Mar 14, 2011, 9:14:21 PM3/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Some time ago, we added an option for Etsy member's to make their
purchases private. The privacy rules are described on this page:

http://developer.etsy.com/docs/read/resource_feedback#feedback_and_privacy_settings

As of today, ALL Etsy members' purchases will be treated as if privacy
were in effect. Etsy's CEO, Rob Kalin, explains this change here:

http://www.etsy.com/teams/7716/announcements/discuss/6818578/

For now, you can call the getFeedbackAsBuyer method on any user and
only see the feedback score and message, but no data that identifies
the purchase. Soon, we will change the getFeedbackAsBuyer method to
always require OAuth authentication. Please change your apps ASAP to
prepare for this change.

Thanks in advance

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com

Jey B

Mar 15, 2011, 5:04:56 PM3/15/11
to Etsy API V2
Glad you've managed to respond to this quickly.

There's been a whole lot of misinformation flying around, so hope it
wasn't too tough on you all.

Jey
etsylovers.com

On Mar 14, 6:14 pm, Justin Kerr Sheckler <jus...@etsy.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Some time ago, we added an option for Etsy member's to make their
> purchases private.  The privacy rules are described on this page:
>
> http://developer.etsy.com/docs/read/resource_feedback#feedback_and_pr...

Umfyn1

Mar 16, 2011, 8:04:10 AM3/16/11
to Etsy API V2