Problems running etherpad on localhost

pgsn

Apr 3, 2010, 7:24:39 PM4/3/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
I get the following message when trying to execute bin/run-local.sh:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/appjet/
oui/main

I created CLASSPATH variable, but that didn't help either:

export CLASSPATH="/home/alex/src/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/build"

please help.

John McLear

Apr 3, 2010, 7:34:36 PM4/3/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com

Class path is written diuring rebuild not run.  Did rebuildjar work for u?

pgsn

Apr 3, 2010, 7:38:09 PM4/3/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Yes, rebuildjar works flawlessly:

alex@alex-desktop:~/src/etherpad/trunk/etherpad$ bin/rebuildjar.sh
using JAR fastjar...
lib/mysql-connector-java.jar has changed, rebuilding JAR
unzipping JARs...
making cached JAR....
compiling...
compiling with 'fsc'...
using cached common...
using cached sars...
using cached cli...
using cached bodylock...
using cached appserver...
using cached ajstdlib...
using cached etherpad...
using cached ooservice...
copying files...
obfuscating...
building javascript classfiles...
done.
copying cached JAR...
making JAR...
write: Success

On Apr 4, 3:34 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Class path is written diuring rebuild not run.  Did rebuildjar work for u?

John McLear

Apr 3, 2010, 8:32:56 PM4/3/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
what do you get from "java -version"
what OS are you running on?

can you paste your path values ie java_home and also the location of
java-mysql-connector, scala, scala binaries, java and java binaries?

pgsn

Apr 3, 2010, 9:07:07 PM4/3/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
> what do you get from "java -version"
> what OS are you running on?
Ubuntu 10.04, sun-6-java

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_19"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.2-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

> can you paste your path values ie java_home and also the location of
> java-mysql-connector, scala, scala binaries, java and java binaries?

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
JAVA="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java"
SCALA_HOME=/usr/share/java
SCALA="/usr/bin/scala"
MYSQL_CONNECTOR_JAR=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

John McLear

Apr 4, 2010, 11:01:03 AM4/4/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
what do you get for:

/usr/bin/scala -version

If that returns 2.7.7 then get in touch w/ me on skype johny_mac and I can help debug in real time.

Chris Ball

Apr 4, 2010, 1:36:25 PM4/4/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com, pgsn
Hi,

> Yes, rebuildjar works flawlessly:

No, it's actually failing. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/etherpad-open-source-discuss/msg/c1a5f60d02a0dfa6

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball <c...@laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child

pgsn

Apr 4, 2010, 10:25:51 PM4/4/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
I did export JAR="jar" before rebuilding, and everything worked.

Thank you.

On Apr 4, 9:36 pm, Chris Ball <c...@laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    > Yes, rebuildjar works flawlessly:
>
> No, it's actually failing.  See:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/etherpad-open-source-discuss/msg/c1a5f...

John McLear

Apr 4, 2010, 11:13:05 PM4/4/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
nice one Chris :) one for the docs me thinks

> One Laptop Per Child

Chris Ball

Apr 4, 2010, 11:30:06 PM4/4/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> nice one Chris :) one for the docs me thinks

My etherpad github repo contains a workaround that refuses to use
fastjar if it's the buggy version. So, if we merge those changes
then we won't have to update the docs. (Other than for people still
using the original code drop.)