File uploads and soffice conversions

Dec 19, 2009, 6:05:06 AM12/19/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Hi,
Even after configuring "etherpad.soffice", the instance is throwing an
error while trying to convert

strong> files.

and file uploads, are throwing "Import failed: Please select a file to
import." error

Any tips of getting past this ?

Thanks

Leho Kraav

Dec 19, 2009, 7:51:28 AM12/19/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
yep, same here, havent gotten it to work yet. how is your soffice
configured? http://etherpad.com/ep/pne-manual/configuration-guide says
you need to run a X server.

Dec 19, 2009, 9:40:03 AM12/19/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Im on OS X. Running Openoffice.org in normal mode.
If you are on a linux server without X, you might have to run Oo.org
using Xvfb or in headless mode.

My instance is able to export in html, plain text or bookmark file,
but conversion is failing for other formats.
And, its not able to import any files at all. I'm not able to find any
error in the log for this

kanedo

Dec 20, 2009, 11:25:08 AM12/20/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Same problem here. I use a Ubuntu 9.10 installation with an xServer an
installed openoffice.org.
The soffice application is located in /usr/bin/soffice but the
errormessage is the same...

Alex Stoddard

Dec 22, 2009, 10:51:23 AM12/22/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Likewise all file uploads are failing for me with the message:

"Import failed: Please select a file to import."

I haven't tried the exports.
I am running on Ubuntu 9.10. Has anyone had success using import on
Ubuntu, or any other OS ?

Thanks,
Alex

On Dec 19, 5:05 am, K <es.kart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Even after configuring "etherpad.soffice", the instance is throwing an
> error while trying to convert

> strong> files.
>

> and file uploads, are throwing "Importfailed: Please select a file toimport." error

Tiago Serafim

Dec 22, 2009, 10:53:38 AM12/22/09
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
Uploads are disabled as the component they were using is proprietary. See this: http://code.google.com/p/etherpad/wiki/KnownIssues
--
Tiago Serafim

Dec 22, 2009, 2:10:43 PM12/22/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Actually, just commented. Code for conversion is missing though.

On Dec 22, 8:53 pm, Tiago Serafim <tsera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uploads are disabled as the component they were using is proprietary. See
> this:http://code.google.com/p/etherpad/wiki/KnownIssues
>

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Alex Stoddard <alexander.stodd...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2009, 1:06:27 PM12/26/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Hey all,
I wrote a small guide for deploying Etherpad. I've upped my code along
with the patches I wrote.
The guide includes on how to enable File Imports and patch for getting
File Exports to work.
It's available at http://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced

- K

John McLear

Dec 28, 2009, 1:10:07 PM12/28/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
K I tried to follow your guide to no avail, I can't find where cos is
commented out for imports.

On Dec 26, 6:06 pm, K <es.kart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I wrote a small guide for deploying Etherpad. I've upped my code along
> with the patches I wrote.
> The guide includes on how to enable File Imports and patch for getting
> File Exports to work.

> It's available athttp://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced

Ewout ter Haar

Dec 28, 2009, 2:03:16 PM12/28/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
K marked the places where he undid the commenting out in his own
repository. There are only a few changes: look at them here,
https://cepadev.if.usp.br/trac/stoa/attachment/wiki/etherpad/fileupload.diff
and you can easily apply them manally. Then, re-compile and should be
fine.

Ewout

John McLear

Dec 28, 2009, 2:15:55 PM12/28/09
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
Cheers, just edited to match the diff and rebuilt, still getting:

Import failed: Please select a file to import.

Any ideas?

Ewout ter Haar

Dec 28, 2009, 2:23:51 PM12/28/09
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
I remember vaguely that I re-compiled with the "clearcache" option, to
make sure everything got rebuilt.

(bin/rebuildjar clearcache , if I remember correctly)

Ewout

--
http://stoa.usp.br/ewout

mijo

Dec 28, 2009, 3:00:01 PM12/28/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
What kind of file are you trying to upload? Can you upload txt-files?
This should work.

If you want to upload other types (and export them later :-) you have
to update importexport.scala too (and have to add some jars to
infrastructure/lib). In importexport.scala is only a "stub" for the
openoffice connection. Thanks to K I was able to add th code (Thanks
K!).

Take a look at K's version:
http://github.com/karteek/etherpad/blob/595313d1e51635aef51f5f308f6455d6c367ae95/infrastructure/com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala
in line 40 and line 56.

On 28 Dez., 20:15, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cheers, just edited to match the diff and rebuilt, still getting:
>

> *Import failed:* Please select a file to import.
>
> Any ideas?

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Ewout ter Haar <ewoutterh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > K marked the places where he undid the commenting out in his own
> > repository. There are only a few changes: look at them here,
>

> >https://cepadev.if.usp.br/trac/stoa/attachment/wiki/etherpad/fileuplo...

John McLear

Dec 28, 2009, 4:22:54 PM12/28/09
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying txt files and they are not working.

John McLear

Dec 28, 2009, 4:23:49 PM12/28/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
tried clearcache, rebuilt fine but still can't import txt files

On Dec 28, 7:23 pm, Ewout ter Haar <ewoutterh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember vaguely that I re-compiled with the "clearcache" option, to
> make sure everything got rebuilt.
>
> (bin/rebuildjar clearcache , if I remember correctly)
>
> Ewout
>

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cheers, just edited to match the diff and rebuilt, still getting:
> > Import failed: Please select a file to import.
> > Any ideas?
>

> > On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Ewout ter Haar <ewoutterh...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
>
> >> K marked the places where he undid the commenting out in his own
> >> repository. There are only a few changes: look at them here,
>

> >>https://cepadev.if.usp.br/trac/stoa/attachment/wiki/etherpad/fileuplo...

Dec 28, 2009, 4:31:32 PM12/28/09
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
You better check logs. Run the app with devMode true.

John McLear

Jan 4, 2010, 7:29:45 PM1/4/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Hrm, went to check logs and when I tried again it worked fine.. Maybe
I was testing import from a dodgy file. Next up is OpenOffice imports

Thanks for the help

On Dec 28 2009, 9:31 pm, K <es.kart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You better check logs. Run the app with devMode true.
>
> On Dec 29, 2:23 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > tried clearcache, rebuilt fine but still can'timporttxt files

> > On Dec 28, 7:23 pm, Ewout ter Haar <ewoutterh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I remember vaguely that I re-compiled with the "clearcache" option, to
> > > make sure everything got rebuilt.
>
> > > (bin/rebuildjar clearcache , if I remember correctly)
>
> > > Ewout

John McLear

Jan 10, 2010, 5:01:55 PM1/10/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Can anyone confirm if you can do import/export in --headless oo mode
without kde/x/xvfb?

On Jan 5, 12:29 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hrm, went to check logs and when I tried again it worked fine..  Maybe

> I was testingimportfrom a dodgy file.  Next up is OpenOffice imports

mijo

Jan 11, 2010, 3:34:07 AM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
I can confirm this. I have no kind of X-Server running on my server.

John McLear

Jan 11, 2010, 11:48:24 AM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Cheers mijo. Can you let me know what command you are starting OO.org
with? and what you have in your etherpad config for
etherpad.soffice ? atm I have /usr/bin/soffice but it isn't
functioning as expected :(

mijo

Jan 11, 2010, 2:40:55 PM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Hi John,

I'm starting etherpad and openoffice with the following script:

#!/bin/bash

export LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
export LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
export LANGUAGE=de_DE:en_US:en

# fist openoffice as service
/usr/bin/soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard -
accept="socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service" &

# next etherpad
cd /www/etherpad/src/etherpad
bin/run-local.sh >> logs/run.log 2>&1 &

Im running OpenOffice.org 3.1 310m19(Build:9420) under linux..

In the etherpad.localdev-default.properties I configured:

etherpad.soffice = /usr/bin/soffice

None of my changes to the code should affect the export (I really have
to build a patch about it :-(.

What problem do you have? Can you reproduce your problem at my
installation http://etherpad.netluchs.de? Perhaps I just haven't found
the problem by now. Feel free to contact me off list.

Mijo

John McLear

Jan 11, 2010, 5:32:52 PM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
I missed import com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartFilter; out of
execution.scala..

Doh.... Rebuilt with clearcache, still the same problem, if you do ps
aux | grep office can you paste what you get? I get
root 4123 0.0 1.5 103688 23340 pts/0 Sl 22:19 0:00 /usr/
lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin -headless -nofirststartwizard -
accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service -splash-
pipe=5

No need to go off list, good to fix problems in a public forum!

On Jan 11, 7:40 pm, mijo <michael.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I'm starting etherpad and openoffice with the following script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> export LC_ALL=de_DE@euro
> export LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
> export LANGUAGE=de_DE:en_US:en
>
> # fist openoffice as service
> /usr/bin/soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard -
> accept="socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service"  &
>
> # next etherpad
> cd /www/etherpad/src/etherpad
> bin/run-local.sh  >> logs/run.log 2>&1 &
>
> Im running OpenOffice.org 3.1  310m19(Build:9420) under linux..
>
> In the etherpad.localdev-default.properties I configured:
>
> etherpad.soffice = /usr/bin/soffice
>
> None of my changes to the code should affect the export (I really have
> to build a patch about it :-(.
>
> What problem do you have? Can you reproduce your problem at my

> installationhttp://etherpad.netluchs.de?Perhaps I just haven't found

John McLear

Jan 11, 2010, 6:07:47 PM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
PS during rebuild I get:

warning: there were deprecation warnings; re-run with -deprecation for
details

I ran with -deprecation and got:

/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.bodylock/
bodylock.scala:70: warning: method concat in trait Seq is deprecated
}).concat(List(super.frames: _*));
^
one warning found
compiling appserver source...
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/
execution.scala:212: warning: type byte in object Predef is deprecated
def getOutputBytes() = outputBytes.flatMap(x => x).toArray
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/
execution.scala:212: warning: type byte in object Predef is deprecated
def getOutputBytes() = outputBytes.flatMap(x => x).toArray
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/stats.scala:
26: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
override def apply(s: int) = synchronized { getOrElseUpdate(s, new
BucketedLastHits(t)) };
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/stats.scala:
29: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
def get(s: int) = p.get(s).map(_.count);
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/stats.scala:
34: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
abstract class BucketKeeper[A, B](val size: Long, val numbuckets: int,
val noUpdate: Boolean) {
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/stats.scala:
156: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
override protected def bucketClear(index: int): Unit = {
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/logging.scala:
181: warning: method isValid in trait ReferenceWrapper is deprecated
if (! w.isValid) {
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/logging.scala:
424: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
val latArray = oldLatencies.toArray().map(_.asInstanceOf
[int]);
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/logging.scala:
424: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
val latArray = oldLatencies.toArray().map(_.asInstanceOf
[int]);
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.oui/logging.scala:
426: warning: type int in object Predef is deprecated
def pct(p: Int) =
^
warning: there were unchecked warnings; re-run with -unchecked for
details
11 warnings found
compiling ajstdlib...
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.ajstdlib/
timer.scala:36: warning: type long in object Predef is deprecated
val startTime: long = System.nanoTime();
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.ajstdlib/
timer.scala:40: warning: type double in object Predef is deprecated
val elapsedTimeMs: double = (System.nanoTime() - startTime) /
1.0e6;
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.ajstdlib/
timer.scala:73: warning: type double in object Predef is deprecated
var total = times.foldRight(0.0)(_ + _);
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.ajstdlib/
streaming.scala:257: warning: type boolean in object Predef is
deprecated
def sendMessage(isControl: boolean, body: String) {
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/net.appjet.ajstdlib/
streaming.scala:528: warning: method slice in trait Seq is deprecated
"\""+req.getHeader("Host").split("\\.").slice(2).mkString
(".").split(":")(0)+"\"";
^
5 warnings found

Any ideas?

> > installationhttp://etherpad.netluchs.de?PerhapsI just haven't found

J.D. Zamfirescu

Jan 11, 2010, 6:14:01 PM1/11/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
If you already have txt and html import and export working, you're on
the right track. :) (If those don't work, openoffice certainly won't.)

To get openoffice support, it's not enough to just point etherpad at
your ooffice install, you need to modify code in
infrastructure/com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala --

There are two stub objects that replaced proprietary code there,
OpenOfficeServerUtility and OpenOfficeFileConverter. Those two objects
need their methods implemented. The most difficult one is
"convertFile". I suggest looking around the web to try to find java
code that does file format conversion using openoffice, and using that
code to implement convertFile.

Hope this helps clear up some confusion.

J.D.

John McLear

Jan 11, 2010, 6:52:53 PM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Yea txt is working fine, this guide
http://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced&usg=AFQjCNEgy1trdViiDO_-DqV7ym26QF2ftw
doesn't mention anything about implementing new code. Mijo did you
have to do what J.D mentioned?

Cheers

> >> installationhttp://etherpad.netluchs.de?PerhapsI just haven't found

J.D. Zamfirescu

Jan 11, 2010, 7:05:49 PM1/11/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com

Jan 11, 2010, 8:12:36 PM1/11/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
John,
I had mentioned about implementing the new code. Any you can find the
file importexport.scala @ http://gist.github.com/264968
w/e I wrote in that post is completely working for the codebase, I
uploaded to github. I'm not sure about other forks.
Ewout and Mijo confirmed that its working for them in the same thread.
And couple of others confirmed that its working for them in
comments section of my post.

On Jan 12, 4:52 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yea txt is working fine, this guidehttp://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced&usg=...

John McLear

Jan 12, 2010, 11:24:49 AM1/12/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
K, I rewrote importexport.scala

Rebuilt and I get:

/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:25: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.bridge.{XBridge,XBridgeFactory};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:26: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.beans.{PropertyValue,XPropertySet};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:27: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.connection.
{NoConnectException,XConnection,XConnector};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:28: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.container.XNamed;
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:29: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.document.{XExporter,XFilter};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:30: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.frame.{XComponentLoader,XStorable};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:31: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.lang.{XComponent,XMultiComponentFactory};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:32: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
import com.sun.star.uno.{UnoRuntime,XComponentContext};
^
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:67: error: value
star is not a member of package com.sun
val xRemoteContext: XComponentContext =
com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.createInitialComponentContext
(null);

Is this expected behaviour?

I have gone through your post multiple times, it could be I am missing
something completely obvious..

On Jan 12, 1:12 am, K <es.kart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
> I had mentioned about implementing the new code. Any you can find the

> file importexport.scala @http://gist.github.com/264968

mijo

Jan 12, 2010, 11:31:48 AM1/12/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Hi John,

I'm not in my office today, so I can just give you a hint - you have
to add the missing jars to infrastructure/lib - but I don't remember
where I got them from :-(

I have:

$ ls infrastructure/lib/
activation.jar jetty-6.1.20.jar rhino-js-1.7r1.jar
c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar jetty-sslengine-6.1.20.jar ridl-3.0.1.jar
commons-lang-2.4.jar jetty-util-6.1.20.jar sanselan-0.94aj.jar
cos.jar json.jar servlet-
api-2.5-20081211.jar
derby-10.5.1.1.jar juh-3.0.1.jar tagsoup-1.2.jar
derbytools.jar jurt-3.0.1.jar unoil-3.0.1.jar
dnsjava-2.0.6.jar mail.jar yuicompressor-2.4-
appjet.jar
jdbc-mysql.jar manifest

Mijo

John McLear

Jan 12, 2010, 11:33:09 AM1/12/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
cos.jar is the only additional jar afaik
oh you have jdbc, what the deuce..

activation.jar cos.jar dnsjava-2.0.6.jar
jetty-util-6.1.20.jar manifest
sanselan-0.94aj.jar yuicompressor-2.4-appjet.jar
c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar derby-10.5.1.1.jar jetty-6.1.20.jar
json.jar mysql-connector-java-5.1.10.jar servlet-
api-2.5-20081211.jar
commons-lang-2.4.jar derbytools.jar jetty-sslengine-6.1.20.jar
mail.jar rhino-js-1.7r1.jar tagsoup-1.2.jar

> read more »

mijo

Jan 12, 2010, 11:37:55 AM1/12/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
cos.jar is from http://www.servlets.com/cos/

I think the mysql came from my mysql-connector - I think, you can
ignore this.

John McLear

Jan 12, 2010, 11:54:20 AM1/12/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
You also have

ridl-3.0.1
unoil-3.0.1

I don't have them..

I have the cos.jar... it is in my infrastructure/lib..

Testing rebuild clearcache. ridl and unoil.jar copied from /usr/
share/java/openoffice/

Now I get.

/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/
com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:67: error: value

comp is not a member of package com.sun.star

val xRemoteContext: XComponentContext =
com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.createInitialComponentContext
(null);

^
one error found

On Jan 12, 4:37 pm, mijo <michael.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> cos.jar is fromhttp://www.servlets.com/cos/

> read more »

mijo

Jan 13, 2010, 3:17:41 AM1/13/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
John,

I got my code for importexport.scala from K (
http://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced ). I
placed a copy of my importexport.scala at http://www.netluchs.de/download/importexport.scala
. This compiles without any problems.

Mijo

John McLear

Jan 13, 2010, 10:34:17 AM1/13/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
I did a wget on your importexport.scala and replaced mine, rebuilt and still get same error :( fudgecakes..

compiling ooservice...
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/com.etherpad.openofficeservice/importexport.scala:78: error: value comp is not a member of package com.sun.star
      val xRemoteContext: XComponentContext = com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.createInitialComponentContext(null);
                                                           ^
one error found

mijo

Jan 13, 2010, 10:50:09 AM1/13/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Have you copied the juh-*.jar ?

John McLear

Jan 13, 2010, 11:25:55 AM1/13/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
aha! well spotted!

Compiling now works fine but I Get:

Error: An unknown failure occurred. (#3) <-- when I try to export,
import of word doc's also not working

Specific! :P

Any more suggestions? I'm pretty much at the point where I'm going to
setup a new VM, install and follow K's full docs to see if I can re-
create the problem.

On Jan 13, 3:50 pm, mijo <michael.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you copied the  juh-*.jar ?
>
> John McLear schrieb:
>

> > I did a wget on your importexport.scala and replaced mine, rebuilt and still
> > get same error :( fudgecakes..
>
> > compiling ooservice...

> > /usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/com.etherpad.openofficeservice/imp ortexport.scala:78:

> > error: value comp is not a member of package com.sun.star
> >       val xRemoteContext: XComponentContext =
> > com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.createInitialComponentContext(null);
> >                                                            ^
> > one error found
>

> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:17 AM, mijo <michael.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > John,
>
> > > I got my code for importexport.scala from K (

> > >http://karteek.selfdabba.com/post/301488675/etherpad-opensourced). I

> read more »

Jan 15, 2010, 4:03:20 PM1/15/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Did you start Openoffice.org as service ?

> read more »

John McLear

Jan 15, 2010, 4:14:04 PM1/15/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
I started openoffice with:

/usr/bin/soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard -accept="socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service"  &

and ps aux shows

root     32024  0.0  1.5 103688 23344 ?        S<l  Jan13   0:25 /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin -headless -nofirststartwizard -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service -splash-pipe=5

I assume it's running as a service from that

Jan 15, 2010, 4:22:36 PM1/15/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
1. Do you have all the needed libraries in infrastructure/lib (I added
around 6-7 files)
2. Check logs :)

On Jan 16, 2:14 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started openoffice with:
>
> /usr/bin/soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard
> -accept="socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service"  &
>
> and ps aux shows
>
> root     32024  0.0  1.5 103688 23344 ?        S<l  Jan13   0:25
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin -headless -nofirststartwizard
> -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service
> -splash-pipe=5
>
> I assume it's running as a service from that

> read more »

John McLear

Jan 15, 2010, 4:24:02 PM1/15/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
1. do you want to paste your libs?  I'm 99% sure I do, I checked them against a few other peoples and they looked right.

2. yep I just got back home and I'm starting work on this again tomorrow.

Jan 15, 2010, 4:28:36 PM1/15/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
http://github.com/karteek/etherpad/tree/master/infrastructure/lib/

Try cloning my repo and running once if you continue to face problems.
I've managed to run the same codebase successfully on OS X Snow
Leopard as well as Ubuntu 8.04.3

On Jan 16, 2:24 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. do you want to paste your libs?  I'm 99% sure I do, I checked them
> against a few other peoples and they looked right.
>
> 2. yep I just got back home and I'm starting work on this again tomorrow.

> read more »

John McLear

Jan 15, 2010, 4:48:51 PM1/15/10
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
jup i dont have java_uno_accessbridge.jar <-- where did this come from?

Jan 16, 2010, 4:00:54 AM1/16/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
It was there all the time :P

On Jan 16, 2:48 am, John McLear <johnym...@gmail.com> wrote:
> jup i dont have java_uno_accessbridge.jar <-- where did this come from?

> read more »

John McLear

Jan 16, 2010, 1:18:32 PM1/16/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
heh, well its not there for me:

ppad:/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/etherpad# locate java_uno
/usr/lib/ure/lib/libjava_uno
/usr/lib/ure/lib/libjava_uno.so
/usr/lib/ure/share/java/java_uno.jar
/usr/local/etherpad/trunk/infrastructure/lib/java_uno.jar
/usr/share/java/openoffice/java_uno.jar

Not a biggy though, etherpad is now compiling with the new
execution.scala and importexport so I'm just gonna go rustle through
the logs and do some "diff's" - Will let you guys know how I get on
today, I have an hour or so to spend so I am hoping to get this ironed
out. If anyone wants to join my journey feel free to jump into
#etherpad on freenode (IRC) and we can talk.

> read more »

John McLear

Jan 16, 2010, 1:49:04 PM1/16/10
to EtherPad Open Source Discussion
Okay this is now working for me, looks like a trusty rebuild with
clearcache and all the correct JARs in place did the trick.

I'm not making sure all java processes are ending prior to restart

Cheers for help K + Mijo - this thread will remain as a good reference
for people to troubleshoot, I have documented very briefly the error
and fix - it's going on my blog - as always I'm happy to take it off
my blog and add to Wiki at any point, doesn't matter to me.