New and old members Introduce yourself Here

Eduardo G.

Dec 27, 2007, 10:05:55 AM12/27/07
to Google Group
Hello folks

Hello, my name is Eduardo Gonçalves, nickname Edgnets but the people used call me of Ed, or Edu.
I'm 25, I like to listen music of all kinds, pop, rock and others.
I consider myself someone with many efforts and objective.

I live in São Paulo/Brazil, I´m software Engineer and
next year I start a MBA in Project Management.
I´m learning English because my job.

Nice to meet for everyone

Take care

Eduardo G.
ESL Podcast Google Group
Management Team

Spec

Dec 27, 2007, 3:56:00 PM12/27/07
to ESL Podcast
Hello there,
My name is Jakub (english equivalent - James). Call me whatever you
want - by my name or nick :). I am from Poland I live in Wroclaw. I'm
16. One of my goals for the next year is to prepare to CAE exam.
I'm interested in soccer, NLP, stock market (just a little :P) and IT.
I am fond of comedies (those at cinema and theatre), popular music
(don't have particulary loved type).Hope I can improve my english by
chatting/mailing with you (my skype is spec1991 or gmail account -
szp...@gmail.com).

best regards,
Spec

P.S - write here your hobbies, so we can find our 'soul mates'.
Message has been deleted

Eduardo G.

Dec 27, 2007, 8:43:30 PM12/27/07
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Of course Hekmer...
Introduce yourself here and after put you contact (MSN/GTALK/SKYPE) here: http://groups.google.com/group/eslpodcast/web/msn-and-skype-member-list

Take Care

Ed (edgnets)
Management

On Dec 27, 2007 7:44 PM, hek mer <hek...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi Ed,
and we hope to will be freinds.
hekmer

Gustavo

Dec 29, 2007, 12:09:30 PM12/29/07
to ESL Podcast
Hello everybody!
My name's Alessandro Gustavo (the people usually call me of Gustavo or
Gus). I'm 20 years old, from Curitiba/Brazil and studying Computer
Science. I work in a research group of computer vision at the
University. But I'm not so "nerds". :) I like sports, books, travels,
movies, aquariums, and so on...
My english isn't so advanced, but I want to improve it making friends
and talking by e-mail (here in group or in pvt -
agust...@gmail.com ) about anything. And I want to meet people from
different country to know about "life style" and culture in general. I
think it could be interesting.

Nice to meet you!
(and sorry for the english mistakes =/ )

Eduardo Rocha

Dec 29, 2007, 5:39:19 PM12/29/07
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
One more person from the computer science :-)

Hi Gustavo,

What do you research? I had a colleague who worked with computer
vision. In fact, I think his research was autonomous navigation.
Anyway, you can explain here a little about your research. I'm sure in
a near future your advisor will ask you for a English paper. So, now
your have a chance to practice.

Take care

Eduardo

Saber

Dec 30, 2007, 12:06:57 AM12/30/07
to ESL Podcast
aloha!
My name is Saber Qiu (my Chinese name is Qiu Chunhui), you can call me
Saber or whatever can make you feel comfortable.
My hometown is in China, Zhejiang, Hangzhou, but right now I am
studying in Wenzhou (which belongs to Zhejiang province as well) as an
English major, sophomore. What a shame, my English is still not so
satisfying. Err...i was forced to be an English major although I really
like to immense myself in an English world. My first choice was to be
doctor.

In my spare time I fond of listening music, all kinds of music, even
classic music^ ^. Besides, watching movies (no matter what language
they are) and English TV series, like Prison Break, Desperate
Housewives and CSI. Reading (majority are Chinese, he-he) is another
hobby of mine, but as matter of fact I spend very litter time on it in
this semester. Now I am trying my best to accomplish some short
English novels.

so nice to meet all of you here! ^0^

Angel List

Dec 30, 2007, 10:44:16 AM12/30/07
to ESL Podcast

Hello everybody!
My name's Yoyi. I'm 19 years old. Now I'm a student majoring in
Industrial Engineering in THU.
Maybe I belong to the group of "old members". I come from China. So
far i've seen three Chinese people here. Anyway,here's a wonderful
stage to show your English.

Angel List

Dec 30, 2007, 10:48:03 AM12/30/07
to ESL Podcast

P.S. you can contact with me via google talk or just Email me. My
address is yoy...@gmail.com. I haven't got an MSN ID or skype ID as
there're some unpleasant restrictions.
Best wishes!
> > so nice to meet all of you here! ^0^- Hide quoted text -

ROSANGELA SOUZA

Dec 30, 2007, 1:37:16 PM12/30/07
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
He Ed!
My name is Rosângela, but some people call me Rosa . I am 46 yeaars old. I am married and i have two sons. I am studying English for pleasure. I really love this language.
I work as an assistant from monday until friday, 8 hours a day and I study English at a public school.
My English is not goog, so I need to practice conversation.
I live in Santa Rita, a small city next to João pessoa, the capital of Paraíba.
skipe - learning_together
hotamil - learning_together_hotmail.com

KNICKNAME

Dec 30, 2007, 7:35:25 PM12/30/07
to ESL Podcast

Hi guys

My name is Robert but some people call me Roberto (especially people
from South America) Italy and Spain)

I´m a lot about thirty years old, I´ve lived in Vienna/Austria since
In was born and my mother tongue is German. That means the English
language is very easy to comprehend for me, because both of them have
more in common than differences.

But I´m still on an intermediate level (whatever that really means)
and I do a lot of things to improve my language skills on a daily
basis.

I´ve started my Blog http://robert-esl.blogspot.com/ to share with
YOU. There is a lot of useful stuff for ESL-Learners and students on
each level of proficiency

I alway listen to the ESLpod.com podcasts because there is mostly
something new to learn and I´m a member so I get the transcripts and I
have to say learning by LISTENING and READING at the same time is an
easy way to grasp new things in a natural way.

I´d hope that here would be some more conversation. Is someone out
there with some topic to discuss ??

And hey buddies, if there is something red underlined in your posting
field - that means it is misspelled. Do some lookups in dictionaries.
That ´d be a great way to improve your English level.

BR, Robert(o)

http://robert-esl.blogspot.com/

Amit Thakur

Dec 31, 2007, 2:46:45 AM12/31/07
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
   Firstly Wishing a lovely and Bright HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 to ESL Group member and your family. My name is Amit Thakur. I live in Delhi/India. I am software engineer. I have 3+ years experience in web technology. My hobbies are surfing internet and traveling. my spare time I like listening music. I love all kind of music. I love making friend of any country. I like know the different country culture and life style. ESL Podcast group is right place for English learner people. If u want seems my site Please click it at this link http://amitthakur.co.cc

My Gmail ID : amitt...@gmail.com

bye
take care
--
Thanks & Regards,

Amit Kr Thakur
Web Developer (E-Biz)
Manya Group Private Limited
B-7/2 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase II
New Delhi 110020
www.manyagroup.com
Mobile : + 91 9999061080
ribhu...@gmail.com
http://www.amitthakur.co.cc/

KNICKNAME

Jan 3, 2008, 8:42:35 PM1/3/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi my name is Robert(o),

I´m a robot that´s why I´m being called Robert because of the
similarity.

I´m based on artificial intelligence of the third generation V.32.21
and my purpose is to help ESL students with useful links to FREE web
resources to support people by giving them the opportunity to improve
their Language skills with proofed educational stuff

My program makes me do some falures by accident, my debugger is
uninitiated, and I misspell words on purpose -> so that the students
believe I would be a real person. That´s for street-creditability
reasons, I pretending: I´m not perfect so I must be a human being.

BR, Robert(o).

sobczyszyn

Jan 4, 2008, 1:51:17 AM1/4/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi,
my name is Ryszard (Richard) Sobczyszyn (31 year old) and I'm from
Poland.
I'm Computer Scientist (Project Manager in small company).
I listing ESLPOD regularly about 7 months and like I it very much.
Learning English is for me one of the most important think in My live
(becouse of work, maybe sometimes a new job)
but now also a hobby (I want to watch in Films in English - I love The
Cinema).
I'm very glad to meat with you in this group.
I have impression that a lot of people only read post from this group
- as me.
For me is not so easy to express myself in English but I think this is
a good place
to begin. You can contact with me by e-mail or gtalk.
Actually I'm very interesting in such places as:
learning English (maybe TOELFor something like that)
but also in computer scientist, especially in Project Management and
Java.
As my share to others I can recommend The Project Management Podcast
by Cornelius Fichtner.

Regards,

RS

Eduardo G.

Jan 4, 2008, 5:16:46 AM1/4/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ryszard

The Project Management Podcast ..  nice I didn´t know...

Thank you

Eduardo G. (edgnets)

war...@successfulenglish.com

Jan 5, 2008, 3:31:59 PM1/5/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi, everyone!

I want to thank Eduardo G. for inviting me to join this group.

I am an adult ESL instructor, online tutor, and good friend of the ESL
Podcast family. I'm looking forward to getting to know the members of
this group.

Warren

Eduardo Rocha

Jan 5, 2008, 3:40:32 PM1/5/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

Very funny. And we all are in the Matrix :-)

KNICKNAME

Jan 5, 2008, 4:10:40 PM1/5/08
to ESL Podcast
Ed,

WE ARE (I am) the matrix. It´s all about Solipsism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
http://www.iep.utm.edu/s/solipsis.htm

BR, Robert(o)

On Jan 5, 9:40 pm, "Eduardo Rocha" <erocha....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Very funny. And we all are in the Matrix :-)

LUONG.PHAN

Jan 6, 2008, 3:19:59 AM1/6/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
hi everyone,
my name is Luong and my family name is Phan, i am from Vietnam, English is my foreign language so I think i should improve my knowledge everyday.
this group is very useful and group members are very helpful. thanks so much for great information source.

Phan Luong or Luong Phan

Vietnam University of Commerce
Tel: 844- 7631251 mobile: 844-904.584.468
Email: luong.pha...@gmail.com or frl...@yahoo.com

Dipodidae

Jan 8, 2008, 7:56:35 AM1/8/08
to ESL Podcast

Hello everyone! My name is Mikhail Yakupov. Nickname - Dipodidae.
I'm from Russia, St.Peterburg. I'm 20 years student of university of
telecommunication,
I was born not far from St.Peterburg( St.Peterburg is the second
large city of Russia past Moscow). Now I study here and live in
dormitory for students.
I interested in developing my skills. I like read classic books,
books about computers and programming. I would like to travel. It's
very interesting to see new parts of our planet. So, Nobody of us
can't affort himself to travel everyday, Unfortunatly I use for it
Internet often.
I like sport(now it's kickboxing).
I have been reading about cars since I'd learn to read,
I'm crazy about to find my place in this world, where I could to be
the best,
English is my hobby. I like that language.

yacatl

Jan 8, 2008, 2:13:14 PM1/8/08
to ESL Podcast

Hi everybody.

I'm a 29 ye Mexican guy. Mi name is Roberto and mi nick is yacatl (it
comes for a nahuatl word that means "The Lord on top") but my friends
called me "Tico" or "Robertico".

I'm a system engineer and I'm interested in learn english both for my
job and for make friends around the world. My future goal is to go to
live to Canada, so, the easier way to reach there is to learn english
and to apply for an international company job.

I like soccer the most but in general I like any sport, also I like
the science fiction books and movies and ocuppy my free time playing
video games.

It will be my pleasure to meet you on the chat soon.

vetyko

Jan 8, 2008, 10:10:55 PM1/8/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi everyone.

My name's Fernando and it is my 1st post, I am from Venezuela and I am
28 years old, I got my degree in Business Administration in 2002. I am
learning English because I thing is very important nowadays and I need
to improve my English skills, so I am listening some Podcast, reading
articles in English and I try to watch some movies and series with
English subtitles. In this moment I am studying English in a good
school in my town, is cool because I can practice every week into de
Conversations Clubs (listening and speaking) but I have some problems
in my writing =(

Well, that is some things about me, see you in next Discussions.

Bye, bye.

Robson F

Jan 14, 2008, 1:00:46 PM1/14/08
to ESL Podcast
Hello everybody

Hi, I am Robson (also known as Gorgon), 21 years old, student. I live
in Marabá a city located in northern Brazil.

Now I'm majoring in Information Systems at a local college. I'm
interested in computers(web developement, linux, computers
networks...), music(rock'n'roll, metal, punk...), movies(sci-fi) and
of course, english language.

I began study english a couple of years ago at a traditional english
school and I hope be fluent in english as soon as possible. So, I
would appreciate any help!

Nice to join the comunity.

newman

Jan 16, 2008, 8:39:57 PM1/16/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi! Boys and Girls. Honor to be here with so many people located so
far away!

You can call me newman. I'm a 22 years old boy and have just graduated
from colleage.
Now I'm having a job in Shenzhen, the mainland of China.
My job is to design some camera lens used in mobile phone.
Just a green hand, having much to learn.

When I was still in school, I downloaded ESL podcast regularly from
itunes,
and listened each issue carefully. I like the voice of Dr. Jeff
McQuillan and the style he explains English words.

My favorite is drawing. When I was 4, my father bought me colorful pen
and paper for birthday present.
Ever since, I lost myself in drawing. My biggest dream is to be a
professional cartoonist.

My Gmail is liuzhu...@gmail.com, and nothing else.

Every is a opportunity to change.

Loe

Feb 1, 2008, 10:21:13 AM2/1/08
to ESL Podcast
Hello,

I'm Loe, it comes from Lou but my parents liked Loe better. I live in
Amsterdam, the Netherlands. That's GMT +1. On, (or is it at? not that
good yet...) 9 may I will turn 14. I'm trying to learn English via the
web because the English on my school sucks... I listen to ESL pod
every day and I got 10 skype and msn contacts by www.penpalsnow.com
(many spam but free site) I'm not that good at English yet but, well
I'm improving much faster since I use web in stead of school. :)
My hobbies are basketball, making photos and movies, making games,
(I'm a beginner) and reading... I listen to many kinds of music but
mostly to Bob Marley and rock :D I don't have that many friends on my
school, many bullies and stuff. I got 1 friend... Well that's it for
me right now...

Loe

mayank

Feb 24, 2008, 9:05:43 AM2/24/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Everyone,

I am Mayank, 23 years old Electronics Graduate. I belong to a place
called Ashta (India).At present i live at Mumbai and I'm working here
as Software Engineer.

I am very happy to have located this group with members from such
diverse locations and i sincerly hope that discussions here would help
enhance not just of english skill but also of communicating
effectively.

I had appeared for TOEFL earlier and got a score of 105. But I intend
to take test once again in near Future.

Looking Forward to Discussions with you all.

My mail id is mayank...@gmail.com

Please Correct me if possible.

Rosângela Souza

Feb 24, 2008, 10:39:04 AM2/24/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome Mayank!

Eduardo Rocha

Feb 24, 2008, 8:32:35 PM2/24/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Mayank. How are you doing?

> I am very happy to have located this group with members from such
> diverse locations and i sincerly hope that discussions here would help
> enhance not just of english skill but also of communicating
> effectively.

We regularly discuss various topics. You may see the group history.
Usually someone asks some questions or proposes a topic and everyone
can give his or her opinion.

> I had appeared for TOEFL earlier and got a score of 105. But I intend
> to take test once again in near Future.

Have you done TOEFL IBT? 105 is a very high score in this test.

> Please Correct me if possible.

I have to say that we usually don't correct the other's e-mail. First
because we are all learning English, so we could teach something
wrong. Second, here we are not worried with mistakes. If someone do
not understand what you are saying, he or she have only to ask
something to you. That is good once it promotes interaction between
people. The mistakes will disappear with time. Reading will help a lot
with this process. So, do not worry with mistakes, just write as much
as you want to.

Best regards,

Eduardo R.

Josney Faryj

Feb 26, 2008, 11:26:12 AM2/26/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi there!

I guess the mod asked for my intro.

I'm a Brazilian guy, 24, 6'1", 176 lbs, easygoing, seeking partner in
crime, yes, a romantic relationship. Hobbies include drinking,
exercising, going clubbing at the weekend, working the entire day,
writing articles, listening to good songs, making up funny stories,
chatting every day matters (gossiping) and last but not least
practicing English. Really anyone bigger than me (rare) and smarter
than me (common) is eligible. I'm just looking for someone to be alone
with. And I'm also seeking someone who has cracked a book in the past
year, and who understands that an exclamation point is the equivalent
of laughing at your own joke.

Yes: Reading, complaining, love ballad music and staying home.

No: Recovering alcoholics, vegetarians, wrap-around sunglasses and the
like.

Respond with a correctly spelt description of yourself and your three
favorite Dorothy Parker quotes.

Hey, forget about it, I know it’s a language group. But since I ended
my long-term relationship last Friday, I thought I could find someone
of my interest in the group. OK, I’m joking around.

Here’s my formal introduction:

I’m Brazilian, I live in Curitiba, southern Brazil, in a quite big
house with my mother and two sisters. I’m not from a well-to-do
family, if you’re wondering that… I’m a logistic analyst and foreign
trade expert.  There at home there’s my dynamic duo: the cat, called
Saori, and the old dog, called Magali. I work for a medium company
during the day and at night I teach at a local university.

I’ve spoken English for over the past seven years. I’m currently
preparing for the CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) and
studying French for either pleasure or as a prerequisite for working
in Canada. I’m of Arab, Italian, Spanish and Polish descent… Maybe you
won’t find anyone as mixed as me. I find this quite fascinating.

Looking forward to hearing interesting comments from you,

Josney

anurag barthwal

Feb 26, 2008, 11:50:20 AM2/26/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Great Josney!
Hats off to your introduction!
Never seen such witty, effervescent and gripping penmanship by someone to
introduce himself.
Keep it up!
You have miles to go as a writer, reporter, copy editor or maybe, as a blogger!
I think, its the best introduction I've ever read.
Never knew if introductions could be so gripping, entertaining and such a fun to read.
God bless you!
regards
anu

Josney Ribeiro

Feb 26, 2008, 7:32:24 PM2/26/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anu,

Thanks for your patience while reading my intro. I had no idea someone would split his or her sides with laughter it. Maybe ending the relationship worked out in my case. I feel as if I was a new person and perhaps I am :-)))

Anyway, I'll be a writer in (the) near future. Life has to have fun, doesn't it?

All the best,

Josney

Mac

Feb 27, 2008, 9:42:56 PM2/27/08
to ESL Podcast
Say Hi to all friends,

my english name is Mac,living in Beijing now.Happy to be here and see
you all.
i'm a UI designer at a mobilephone company.Learning english is for a
better job offer.But through the access of the learning, i've known a
lot of very very good friends.
so i hope i can be your friend in the coming days.
at the end, want to say very nice to meet u.

That's all.

best regards,

Mac

On 2月27日, 上午8时32分, "Josney Ribeiro" <jos...@josney.com> wrote:
> Hello Anu,
>
> Thanks for your patience while reading my intro. I had no idea someone
> would split his or her sides with laughter it. Maybe ending the relationship
> worked out in my case. I feel as if I was a new person and perhaps I am
> :-)))
>
> Anyway, I'll be a writer in (the) near future. Life has to have fun, doesn't
> it?
>
> All the best,
>
> Josney
>
> On 26/02/2008, anurag barthwal <anubarth...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Great Josney!
> > Hats off to your introduction!
> > Never seen such witty, effervescent and gripping penmanship by someone to
> > introduce himself.
> > Keep it up!
> > You have miles to go as a writer, reporter, copy editor or maybe, as a
> > blogger!
> > I think, its the best introduction I've ever read.
> > Never knew if introductions could be so gripping, entertaining and such a
> > fun to read.
> > God bless you!
> > regards
> > anu- 隐藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 显示引用的文字 -

Rosângela Souza

Feb 29, 2008, 7:22:35 PM2/29/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet you too Mac!
You're welcome!
I hope that you enjoy this Group. It is really great.

Rosa - from Brazil

Mac

Mar 5, 2008, 8:48:58 PM3/5/08
to ESL Podcast
Thank you Rosa! Nice to meet u.
Can i invite u to chat in google talk?
and there is my gtalk contact:mc.me...@gmail.com
Hope to have a good chat with all guys here!
so please feel free to add me in your friends list.
:)
Mac

On Mar 1, 8:22 am, "Rosângela Souza" <rosa.contatos.onl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Nice to meet you too Mac!
> You're welcome!
> I hope that you enjoy this Group. It is really great.
>
> Rosa - from Brazil
>
> 2008/2/27, Mac <MC.mengc...@gmail.com>:
> > > - 显示引用的文字 -- Hide quoted text -

Francesco

Mar 6, 2008, 8:34:03 AM3/6/08
to ESL Podcast
Ciao Everybody,
I'm Francesco Rossetti (simply Francesco or francesco_jsb as Johann
Sebastian Bach :-)) ...)

I'm from Taranto (in the heels of Italy, face to face with wonderful
Jonio Sea), I'm 41 and I'm a musician (I play classical guitar). I
worked as a project manager in Information Technology too.

I hope it would be not too late to improve my English, recently I've
decided to do it and during one of my web surfing I ran into your
group, and I was attracted to it here and now.

In the past I've spent some vacations in English-spoken countries
(Florida, London...), not enough to really learn. Now I'm trying to
understand which are the best steps for my improvement path (and I've
noticed that I'm easy to get lost :-)) )

Besides music, I arouse interest of many things (movies, theatre,
swimming, volleyball, trekking, fishing, journey, photography, qi
gong ...), but time's never enough to do everything.

Obviously I'll help with pleasure whoever wishes to learn Italian.

ciao, see you soon.

Francesco

P.S.- I was in a little trouble (but it's a google-groups matter, I
think) on how to post correctly this introducing message (within "new
members ..." topic all right, but where ?). I've thinked that
appending it to the first post was the proper place (and not to the
last one neither to others, because I'm not replying to another
introducing post ...) but it's not possible to reply to the first 18
ones (why 18 and not 17 ?); then, looking at the tree-structure,
replies aren't in a simple top-down location ... so I don't understand
how it works ... I know that it's maybe a no problem ... in case
just swat at my shoulder saying "take care of yourself" :-))

anurag barthwal

Mar 6, 2008, 1:00:53 PM3/6/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,
You are welcome here. Don't worry about anything, Everyone is willing to help one-another here.
You are now in the league of extraordinary gentlemen :).
regards
Anu

Eduardo Gonçalves

Mar 6, 2008, 1:09:14 PM3/6/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet you Francesco,

"We are never too old to learn"

You did the correct way for introduce yourself.

Keen in touch

Ed. (edgnets).

Gabriel D.

Mar 6, 2008, 6:00:27 PM3/6/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi everyone!

My name is Gabriel Domingues and i´m very happy to be here!
I´m 25, programmer (another one.. lol) and live in Campinas, São Paulo
State - Brazil.

I love music... I´m a drummer but now I usually play acoustic guitar.
Like many kind of music, but I preffer rock'n roll.

Now I´m studying very hard in my extra time, many things like
programming and, not less important, English language.

I´m grateful to be invited by Eduardo to become a ESL member and meet
nice people like you!

See ya!

Gabriel

Cientista

Mar 20, 2008, 1:27:08 PM3/20/08
to ESL Podcast

My name's Joaquim Barros, find this group surf in the internet. No
have english very good, because are starting.
I'm student of Science of Computer in University Católica of Goiás,
like of programacion. I have 22 yaears old. I like of
learn english are the group. Sory for errors de digit. Wainting meet
people very good.

Dipodidae

Mar 20, 2008, 5:38:08 PM3/20/08
to ESL Podcast
*offtopic from me* Well, So we have to change name of group soon. I
think about something similar "Computer guys and programmists are
learning english" any way it's only joke)

sobczyszyn

Mar 21, 2008, 3:17:48 AM3/21/08
to ESL Podcast
Good name!
One vote from me on this name :)
I'm kidding of course but in IT english is a native language, and
everybody have to learn it.

Happy Easter for everyone!

Richard

Eduardo Rocha

Mar 23, 2008, 4:38:56 PM3/23/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Certainly computer guys will take over the world! :-) ( I'm also kidding )

Eduardo R.

wilu13

Apr 8, 2008, 12:38:48 PM4/8/08
to ESL Podcast

Hi everyone,
My name is Lukasz. I'm 27 years old. I'm from Poland.
I work in chemical industry where I'm responsible for envinronmental
preservation.
I'm keen on mountain biking and I spend as more as possible time
bicykling through the woods and small villages. It's great way to help
You get unstressed.
I'm happy married from at least 2 years.
We are listening ESLPOD for 2 month and we think this is very helpful
and useful way to improve english and have a graet fun.
I´m grateful to be invited by Pauline (my english teacher) to become a
ESL member and meet some interesting people from around the world.
Best regards for everyone
Lukasz

Eduardo Gonçalves

Apr 8, 2008, 10:15:30 PM4/8/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lukas.. welcome to the group.

Keep touch with everyone and don´t worry about make mistakes,
We are always learning... I did mean... acquiring english here! LOL

I have a friend called Lucas, he and his brother also enjoy ride a bicycle.
His brother will go ride that bicycle championship at France... I don´t know the name...
Maybe you know..

See you

Eduardo Gonçalves (edgnets)
Group Administrator

Piotrek_Luniewski

Apr 10, 2008, 11:34:44 AM4/10/08
to ESL Podcast
Hello everyone. I'm Piotrek (Peter) and I live in Poland...

First of all, thank you Pauline for inviting me... It's such a
pleasure to be a part of this group...
I'm 15 years old (almost 16 ;p) and I attend junior secondary school
in my hometown, Plock (approx 140,000 inhabitants). Next week I have
really important exams (I need to have lots of points if I want to get
to great high school), so I'm learning all the time :). I'm keen on
spending time with my friends and listening to all kinds of music...
English is my passion so I hope we share it...

See ya

Piotrek

Rosângela Souza

Apr 10, 2008, 11:58:12 AM4/10/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the SLP Podcast Lukasz!!!
Enjoy it. God bless you and your family.

Rosa

styczen5

Apr 24, 2008, 5:53:43 PM4/24/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Piotrek,

I'm so sorry to learn you've been having high fever for the last 4
days...This week's exams are supposed to be extremely important for
your future!
I met Iza and Ewa this evening and they told me that you need to have
make-up exams next week! ;(

C'est la vie!When you want something good to happen so desperately
that it just turns out to be against your will.:)

GET WELL REAL SOON!!!

Pauline

On Apr 10, 5:34 pm, Piotrek_Luniewski <piotrluniew...@gmail.com>

Eduardo Rocha

Apr 26, 2008, 4:30:54 PM4/26/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
> C'est la vie!

Oops, what that means? :-)

缪申建

Apr 29, 2008, 12:02:05 AM4/29/08
to ESL Podcast
That's a French proverb which means "That's life".

Now, it's time to introduce myself.

Hello everyone, my name is Shenjian Miao(缪申建 in Chinese),and my
English name is Soft Feather(soft and feather are both a part of my
first name).
I'm a 22-year-old boy, who comes from Beijing, China where 2008
Olimpic games will be held. I was born in Wenzhou, Zhejiang. I'm
still a colleage student and my main major is sociology.
Playing football was my favorite, but there was no so much chance to
doing it in my school. Now playing games takes my most leisure time. I
like War 3 most and play DOTA on line.
I like NewAge music, but not all of them. The first NewAge musical
band I contacted was Banderi who makes me be attracted by NewAge.
Reading poem it's my another hobby. Tagore is the poet I like most. So
it's so glad to find there are several members are from india.
I want improve my English for my furture career. And my short-aim is
to pass CET-6 a important test to colleage students in China. So
thanks for all the help from our members first. And the question is
what should I do to begin my English study. Who can give me a time
list so that I can study step by step accroding to it.
And It is my honor to be friends with you, any connection will be
fine. You can communicate with me by under ways:

Emile:miaomiao...@gmai.com
QQ:87466844
MSN:miaomiao...@126.com

Bestwishes

Soft Feather

styczen5

Apr 29, 2008, 5:47:01 PM4/29/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Soft Feather!

Welcome to this resourceful and friendly group!

Thank you for translating "C'est la vie" to English for me.;)
I answered Rocha's question some days ago,but the post vanished
somewhere in the cyberspace.;)

It's not that easy to spot a new member's self-introduction from a
long list of older messages.So please don't feel excluded or
discouraged at all.
I noticed yours because I was posting this afternoon at the same
time...

I only learned about the CET in China because SABER explained it
recently in her message regarding her Health Insurance Presentation.
As for your question:"What should I do to begin my English study",I'd
better leave it for another teacher,Warren or other members to
answer...

Visit here as often as you can!
The more you read and join the discussions,the better your English
will be.

Pauline(a neither new nor old member)

On Apr 29, 6:02 am, 缪申建 <miaomiao19860...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a French proverb which means "That's life".
>
> Now, it's time to introduce myself.
>
> Hello everyone, my name is Shenjian Miao(缪申建 in Chinese),and my
> English name is Soft Feather(soft and feather are both a part of my
> first name).
> I'm a 22-year-old boy, who comes from Beijing, China where 2008
> Olimpic games will be held. I was born in Wenzhou, Zhejiang. I'm
> still a colleage student and my main major is sociology.
> Playing football was my favorite, but there was no so much chance to
> doing it in my school. Now playing games takes my most leisure time. I
> like War 3 most and play DOTA on line.
> I like NewAge music, but not all of them. The first NewAge musical
> band I contacted was Banderi who makes me be attracted by NewAge.
> Reading poem it's my another hobby. Tagore is the poet I like most. So
> it's so glad to find there are several members are from india.
> I want improve my English for my furture career. And my short-aim is
> to pass CET-6 a important test to colleage students in China. So
> thanks for all the help from our members first. And the question is
> what should I do to begin my English study. Who can give me a time
> list so that I can study step by step accroding to it.
> And It is my honor to be friends with you, any connection will be
> fine. You can communicate with me by under ways:
>
> Emile:miaomiao19860...@gmai.com
> QQ:87466844
> MSN:miaomiao19860...@126.com
>
> Bestwishes
>
> Soft Feather
>
> On 4月27日, 上午4时30分, "Eduardo Rocha" <erocha....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > C'est la vie!
>
> > Oops, what that means? :-)- Hide quoted text -

edg...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 8:23:44 PM4/29/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shenjian.. you are Welcome!

I hope that you enjoy this group and make a lot of friends.

I´m glad to see more one Chinese member.

you said that enjoy play football  I think you did mean soccer didn´t you ?
As you know, here in Brazil soccer is the first practiced sport, but
play games is not so health like play sports. :-)

Anytime post one of your poem here at Group.

Nice to meet you.

Eduardo Gonçalves (Ed.)

José Daniel Martínez

Apr 30, 2008, 9:51:38 AM4/30/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I introduce myself:
I'm Joseda from Spain. I'm 28 and new in this group. I hope to learn and help other students. I've been studying english for 2 years (i forgot what i studied from 12 to 16).
If you want to know something about Spanish culture, i'll try to answer it.

Best wishes !!!

缪申建

Apr 30, 2008, 12:39:58 PM4/30/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed.
Thanks for your advice. I did mead mean soccer when I say "football".
And I wants to paly it if I have any chance, but my best friends don't in University. I want to do more things together with my friends who are also my roommates. So paly games become the one.
I haven't written any poem, I just like reading it.So I'm sorry, you won't find my poem here.
Thanks for your advice again.

Soft Feather.

styczen5

May 1, 2008, 6:38:12 AM5/1/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Jose,

Welcome to this group!

Where in Spain are you from?I went to your lovely city Barcelona once
and wish to visit it again!!!;)

A colleague of mine is from Sevilla.He always makes me laugh when he
says he doesn't like HEAT or SUN.

I can sense that you've been reading some messages here for some
while...Am I right?;)

Just like I said to Soft Feather:
Come as often as you can,we'll help one another to improve our
English!

You'll be my resources whenever I need something about Spain.

A deal?;)

Best Regards,
Pauline
On Apr 30, 3:51 pm, "José Daniel Martínez"
<josedanielmarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I introduce myself:
> I'm Joseda from Spain. I'm 28 and new in this group. I hope to learn and
> help other students. I've been studying english for 2 years (i forgot what i
> studied from 12 to 16).
> If you want to know something about Spanish culture, i'll try to answer it.
>
> Best wishes !!!
>
> 2008/4/29 缪申建 <miaomiao19860...@gmail.com>:
>

> > That's a French proverb which means "That's life".
>
> > Now, it's time to introduce myself.
>
> > Hello everyone, my name is Shenjian Miao(缪申建 in Chinese),and my
> > English name is Soft Feather(soft and feather are both a part of my
> > first name).
> > I'm a 22-year-old boy, who comes from Beijing, China where 2008
> > Olimpic games will be held. I was born in Wenzhou, Zhejiang. I'm
> > still a colleage student and my main major is sociology.
> > Playing football was my favorite, but there was no so much chance to
> > doing it in my school. Now playing games takes my most leisure time. I
> > like War 3 most and play DOTA on line.
> > I like NewAge music, but not all of them. The first NewAge musical
> > band I contacted was Banderi who makes me be attracted by NewAge.
> > Reading poem it's my another hobby. Tagore is the poet I like most. So
> > it's so glad to find there are several members are from india.
> > I want improve my English for my furture career. And my short-aim is
> > to pass CET-6 a important test to colleage students in China. So
> > thanks for all the help from our members first. And the question is
> > what should I do to begin my English study. Who can give me a time
> > list so that I can study step by step accroding to it.
> > And It is my honor to be friends with you, any connection will be
> > fine. You can communicate with me by under ways:
>
> > Emile:miaomiao19860...@gmai.com <Emile%3Amiaomiao19860...@gmai.com>
> > QQ:87466844
> > MSN:miaomiao19860...@126.com <MSN%3Amiaomiao19860...@126.com>
>
> > Bestwishes
>
> > Soft Feather

José Daniel Martínez

May 1, 2008, 7:03:16 AM5/1/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pauline,

I've been receiving emails from the group for 2 weeks but not always i have time to reply. But it's nice to go to your inbox and read in english about you.

I'm from La Mancha (the land of Quixote, you know). Now I live in Cuenca: a very beautiful, historical city (it's a heritage world city).
People think that all Spain is very hot but i could say you that where i live winters are very cold (sometimes extremely).

You can count on me as a resource about Spain.

Best regards

styczen5

May 1, 2008, 5:34:53 PM5/1/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Jose,

I hope I haven't bored you that much for the last 2 weeks!

It seems I finally managed to get your attention and response after 2
weeks' bla-bla-bla!:D
Let's consider it Mission Accomplished!LOL
Oh,dear!I forgot about the option of reading all posts through e-
mail...

I just looked through about 10 pages of Google images of Cuenca...such
AGELESS BEAUTIES!!!
I can't go on looking at more pictures...They make me want to fly
there right away...but I can't...just yet.:(

Great!From now on,you'll be my gateway to Spain and everything
Spanish!

Thanks a lot,Jose!

Pauline

On May 1, 1:03 pm, "José Daniel Martínez"
<josedanielmarti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pauline,
>
> I've been receiving emails from the group for 2 weeks but not always i have
> time to reply. But it's nice to go to your inbox and read in english about
> you.
>
> I'm from La Mancha (the land of Quixote, you know). Now I live in Cuenca: a
> very beautiful, historical city (it's a heritage world city).
> People think that all Spain is very hot but i could say you that where i
> live winters are very cold (sometimes extremely).
>
> You can count on me as a resource about Spain.
>
> Best regards
>
> 2008/5/1 styczen5 <stycz...@yahoo.com>:
> > Emile%3Amiaomiao19860...@gmai.com <Emile%253Amiaomiao19860...@gmai.com>>
> > MSN%3Amiaomiao19860...@126.com <MSN%253Amiaomiao19860...@126.com>>

Andre Barbosa

May 1, 2008, 7:51:32 PM5/1/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!

I´m here to introduce myself. My name´s André Barbosa, I´m from Brazil, I live on a city called Santo André, very near São Paulo. I´m 31 years old, and working as a Computer Programmer for about 10 years.

Well, in the world of technology everything happens in english, then I´ve studied 2 years and half many year´s ago, but I really never need to fully use my knowledge - just good reading skills are sufficient on the most cases.

But in the past 2 years, I´ve lived situations that makes me think "I´m not so good on this yet". First one, working on a project in a worldwide company, talking everyday with Mexicans, Argentine ans French people, everytime in English. The second one, an english interview on a job that I really wants to go, but I failed.

Well, talking to a coworker and friend (hello Oshiro!) he introduced me esl podcast and this list, and I´m here now, to learn and practice with you. And now I think I´ve writing a lot... :)

Regards,

André Barbosa

edg...@gmail.com

May 1, 2008, 8:55:59 PM5/1/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi André, nice to meet you
you are in the right place!

like you, there are a lot of IT professional here, I´m one of them,
and either IT professionals and non IT professionals know
that english is important. For that we try make this learning
more enjoyable and funny.

regards

Ed.

styczen5

May 2, 2008, 4:53:14 PM5/2/08
to ESL Podcast
Hi Andre,

Don't feel discouraged!

Working for a multinational company isn't that easy,but it's quite
challenging as well...

Whenever you aren't certain how to cope with any corss-culture
issues,please don't hesitate to ask us.What we have here is a very
strong team backed up by many nationalities.
I'll make sure next time you go for other job interviews,you'll be
well-prepared!We can rehearse the interviews beforehand...

Welcome to the group,Oshiro's buddy!:)

Pauline

Rafael Oshiro

May 6, 2008, 8:49:55 AM5/6/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi André!!

It´s good to see you here, although you´re next to me every day here at workplace hehehe.
As I rarely speak in English outside the English classes, here everybody everybody can improve English skill and find out about different cultures from many other countries.

By the way, I hope I can go for an English interview as soon as possible, so I can evaluate how my English is.

Welcome to the group!

Oshiro
Message has been deleted

edg...@gmail.com

May 7, 2008, 8:26:20 PM5/7/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Engineer.K. Welcome

I also think that all ESL Podcast listeners would be member here... Let´s promote this group! :-)

You are on the right place to improve your english, just reply our topics with your view
point. You´ll now nice people like Pauline, Rocha, Oshiro, Pablo, Anu etc etc.. etc..

Every member here can write no fear to make mistake of course.

I hope you enjoy.

See you.

Ed.

Eduardo

May 7, 2008, 8:51:19 PM5/7/08
to ESL Podcast
I dont know what Happen with Engineer.K´s introduce. Anyway I´m
writing again:

Hi, Everyone!

I'm very very very glad to find this group in google. I clicked the
this group hyperlink in ESL podcas blog comment. Almost 300 members
already joined and many articles is updating recently. I think all ESL
Podcast listners would be members of this group. Wow!!!

I'm K. Kim, Korean, working as a civil engineer in Korea. It would be
nice if you call me "Engineer.K". I'm always working with foreigners
of overseas projects. Because of this, I must learn english as a tool
to negociate or persuade my foreign clients.

I hope this group helps me alot. Although I enjoy listening ESL
podcast on the way to go to office or home, I often feels I need some
places or groups to practice and share my thought and ideas.

I hope I would meet good friends in this group and I hope I enhence my
english skill.

Thanks.
Kim.

Rosângela Souza

May 7, 2008, 8:59:55 PM5/7/08
to eslpo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Engineer.K!

You're wellcome!

You will love this group. It is really great.

God bless you.
Regards,
Rosa

Engineer.K.

May 7, 2008, 9:39:20 PM5/7/08
to ESL Podcast
Dear Ed, Rosa,

Thank you for your warm welcome.
I'm writing this post again. I don't know what happen to me now,
either.
Please understand this happenings. It's my first time to use the
google
group site.

Anyway, I am very eager to find them out!
Please await a little.

Thanks.

Kim.