[erlang-questions] Distel stays on interpreting

Kaiduan Xie

Jul 26, 2009, 4:54:48 PM7/26/09
to erlang-questions
Hi,

I followed the instruction on http://bc.tech.coop/blog/070528.html to
give distel a try, but it looked like that Distel stayed on
interpreting forever. If I toggle a breakpoint on the current line, it
says "Module is not interpreted, can't set breakpoints".

The following is from the message buffer,

load: [badrpc [EXIT [undef ([distel rpc_entry (distel reload_module
(modtest2 nil))] [rpc -handle_call/3-fun-0- 5])]]]
(Successfully uploaded backend modules into node)
Interpreting: modtest2
if: Module is not interpreted, can't set breakpoints.

Can someone point out what is wrong?

Thanks,

kaiduan

erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Dale Harvey

Jul 26, 2009, 5:40:03 PM7/26/09
to Kaiduan Xie, erlang-questions
I havent had the time to properly debug whats happening, however I have
found that this only happens for me when distel is loaded first time
specifically to do the interpretation.

if you load up a file, press M-, to follow a function call to another
module, then ensures distel is loaded, then when you interpret a module it
(might) work.

Dale Harvey

Jul 26, 2009, 5:42:39 PM7/26/09
to Kaiduan Xie, erlang-questions
oh, also if you have flymake turned on, disable it then try, I believe the
distel / flymake issue has been fixed, but again I havent tested.

Kaiduan Xie

Jul 26, 2009, 6:08:53 PM7/26/09
to Dale Harvey, erlang-questions
Dale,

I believe distel is loaded because distel is shown under the Erlang
menu, and I can list all processes.

How to disable flymake?

My .emacs is shown below,

(custom-set-variables
;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
'(inhibit-startup-screen t))
(custom-set-faces
;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
)

;; Erlang stuff
(setq erlang-root-dir "/usr/local/lib/erlang")
(setq load-path (cons "/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/tools-2.6.2/emacs" load-path))
(setq exec-path (cons "/usr/local/lib/erlang/bin" exec-path))
(require 'erlang-start)

;; This is needed for Distel setup
(let ((distel-dir "/home/kaiduanx/distel/elisp"))
(unless (member distel-dir load-path)
;; Add distel-dir to the end of load-path
(setq load-path (append load-path (list distel-dir)))))

(require 'distel)
(distel-setup)

;; Some Erlang customizations
(add-hook 'erlang-mode-hook
(lambda ()
;; when starting an Erlang shell in Emacs, default in the node name
(setq inferior-erlang-machine-options '("-sname" "emacs"))
;; add Erlang functions to an imenu menu
(imenu-add-to-menubar "imenu")))

;; A number of the erlang-extended-mode key bindings are useful in the shell too
(defconst distel-shell-keys
'(("\C-\M-i" erl-complete)
("\M-?" erl-complete)
("\M-." erl-find-source-under-point)
("\M-," erl-find-source-unwind)
("\M-*" erl-find-source-unwind)
)
"Additional keys to bind when in Erlang shell.")

(add-hook 'erlang-shell-mode-hook
(lambda ()
;; add some Distel bindings to the Erlang shell
(dolist (spec distel-shell-keys)
(define-key erlang-shell-mode-map (car spec) (cadr spec)))))

Thanks,

kaiduan