Autocomplete and C-s

Renier

Mar 22, 2011, 11:01:11 AM3/22/11
to ErgoEmacs
Hi.

I have the following problem with ergoemacs. When a autocomplete
environment starts C-s is rebound to search for the autocomplete. This
has the effect that sometimes when I want to save, my file is not
saved because autocomplete started.

My workaround is to put the following in .emacs

(define-key ac-completing-map "\M-;" 'ac-isearch)
(define-key ac-completing-map "\C-s" nil)

This has the effect that search now works as I would expect from
ergoemacs in autocomplete mode i.e. M-; and that C-s saves my file
even when autocomplete mode started inadvertently.

It would be nice if this works out of the box as it is more
consistent.

Thank you.

ps. I am really enjoying ergoemacs.

Xah Lee

Mar 22, 2011, 11:53:49 AM3/22/11
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Renier <ren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have the following problem with ergoemacs. When a autocomplete
> environment starts C-s is rebound to search for the autocomplete. This
> has the effect that sometimes when I want to save, my file is not
> saved because autocomplete started.

yeah i noticed the problem too.

> My workaround is to put the following in .emacs
>
> (define-key ac-completing-map "\M-;" 'ac-isearch)
> (define-key ac-completing-map "\C-s" nil)
>
> This has the effect that search now works as I would expect from
> ergoemacs in autocomplete mode i.e. M-; and that C-s saves my file
> even when autocomplete mode started inadvertently.

Fantastic! Thanks.

> It would be nice if this works out of the box as it is more
> consistent.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ps. I am really enjoying ergoemacs.

Thanks!

I just checked in. Thanks!
http://code.google.com/p/ergoemacs/source/detail?r=638

(tested the code but haven't test my fix yet, will do soon.)

Xah