How to assign multiple keybindings to a single command?

8 просмотров

Dan

не прочитано,
15 июн. 2010 г., 16:51:3115.06.2010
– ErgoEmacs
I'm giving ErgoEmacs mode a try to see if I can use Emacs more
comfortably. In many cases, though, I don't want to outright replace
the default Emacs keybindings.

For example, in the context of ErgoEmacs' navigation shortcut
structure, M-h makes sense as a replacement for C-a--but I want to be
able to use both, not just M-h. How do I do this?

(FWIW, I asked the same question at Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3048230/assign-multiple-emacs-keybindings-to-a-single-command)

Xah Lee

не прочитано,
15 июн. 2010 г., 17:43:1115.06.2010
– ErgoEmacs
> (FWIW, I asked the same question at Stack Overflow:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3048230/assign-multiple-emacs-keyb...)

that's very easy.

in the ergoemacs-mode.el file, there's this line

(load "ergoemacs-unbind")

just comment it out.

That should be all you need to do. However, note that ErgoEmacs
keybinding defines those common shortcuts such as Open, Close, New,
Save... with keys Ctrl+o, Ctrl+w, Ctrl+n, Ctrl+s etc. About 7 of them
or so. So, i think some of these will hit on emacs traditional
bindings with Ctrl.

if you are new to ErgoEmacs and trying to explore it, you might just
try starting with few keys.
this page might have some useful info: http://code.google.com/p/ergoemacs/wiki/adoption

thanks for checking out ErgoEmacs!

Xah