EnergyPlus 7.2 source code available for download

EPx Developers

Oct 19, 2012, 9:25:28 PM10/19/12
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com

The source code distribution for the open-source release of EnergyPlus 7.2 is now available for download from the SourceForge project site here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epx/files/EnergyPlus/energyplus-7.2.0.006-source.zip

Thanks,
The EPx Team

Chien Si Harriman

Jan 30, 2013, 4:17:43 AM1/30/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com, epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi There.  I was talking to someone who is in the know about this project.  How easy is it to get this up and running on my machine?  Do I need a compiler, etc?

Thanks.  Looking forward to contributing.

Peter Ellis

Jan 31, 2013, 6:51:16 PM1/31/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chien Si,

Yes, you do need a compiler. As far as I know, there are two main options: Microsoft Visual Studio (~$500) with Intel Visual Fortran (~$800)...or the free option, GFortran. We are currently finishing up a detailed tutorial for how to get set up using GFortran. We will post an announcement here when it's ready--it should be soon.

kiyoluk...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2013, 5:53:59 AM3/21/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter I am eagerly awaiting a gfortran tutorial any update on when this will be finished?

Kiyo

Maathangi Sankar

Mar 26, 2013, 4:40:21 AM3/26/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
This is Maathangi. I have recently started to use Energyplus, and am hoping to use the Fortran source codes for customization as per my
requirements. Was wondering if you have a tutorial for compiling this on a freeware like gfortran?

Thanks!