using with php passthru()

fantata

May 6, 2009, 1:16:22 PM5/6/09
to epubcheck
Hi,

I am trying to run this with php passthru() and catch the output with
ob_start() + ob_get_contents() - but all I get back is the first line
of outuut -> Epubcheck Version 1.0.3

I guess php is returning too soon and before the ERROR lines are
written to stdout. Does anyone know of a way I can acheive this?

Many thanks.

fantata

May 7, 2009, 5:30:04 AM5/7/09
to epubcheck
And indeed if I try to just run on command line and pipe output to a
file, i get the same...

java -jar /usr/epubcheck-1.0.3.jar book.epub > log.txt

I just get Epubcheck Version 1.0.3 in the log. Is there a way of
capturing the errors?

Ganesh Babu N

May 9, 2009, 12:36:53 AM5/9/09
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Try this command on command line

java -jar /usr/epubcheck-1.0.3.jar book.epub 1>log.txt 2>&1

You need to make sure that the book.epub is containing errors for testing.

Regards,
Ganesh

Chris Read

May 9, 2009, 9:48:19 AM5/9/09
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, that works.
Thank you!

Mangal

May 26, 2009, 1:58:52 PM5/26/09
to epubcheck
Is it possible without logging into file?