*[Enwl-eng] Free Webinar: How to Demilitarize Your Local Police

ENWLine

Jul 30, 2020, 9:09:33 AM7/30/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Free Webinar: How to Demilitarize Your Local Police

Here's an easy way to make a difference locally that builds toward making a difference nationally and globally.

It is critically important to ban militarized policing whether or not your local police force is currently engaged in it.

Join us for a free webinar and ask the questions you have at 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. ET (GMT-4) on Thursday, July 30th. World BEYOND War's Executive Director David Swanson and Organizing Director Greta Zarro will be on the call to take your questions and help you plan.

We recently did this successfully in Charlottesville, Va., U.S., and are now working with a number of cities to do the same. It is possible anywhere on earth. In Charlottesville, we used this petition, to pass this resolution (see pp 75-76). Reporting on that success included: WINA, Charlottesville Tomorrow, Tenth Amendment Center, NBC-29, CBS-19, Daily Progress, Cville Weekly, and earlier: CBS-19, NBC-29.

We'd like to help you study your locality, build a coalition, launch a petition, pursue media coverage, and move your local officials.

Here is evidence that police with more military weaponry kill more people. Here is documentation of police violence. More here, and here. U.S. localities can find out what weaponry their police have from the U.S. military here, and here.

Talk to you soon!

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

Opt-in for important, timely mobile messages.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:01 PM
Subject: Free Webinar: How to Demilitarize Your Local Police