*[Enwl-eng] Building the Peace Movement Teach-In -- Online -- Free

ENWLine

May 11, 2020, 12:14:01 PM5/11/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Building the Peace Movement Teach-In

Start: Wednesday, May 20, 2020• 8:00 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)

End: Wednesday, May 20, 2020•10:00 PM • Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada) (GMT-04:00)

Host Contact Info: David, da...@worldbeyondwar.org

Join us for a free teach-in on "Building the Peace Movement." Bring your questions and suggestions. We'll hear briefly from a number of key speakers before moving into Q&A.

50th Anniversary : 1970-2020, Remember Kent State, Jackson State, and all the victims of wars.

Sponsors include: Cleveland Peace Action, The Inter-Religious Task Force on Central America (Cleveland), Columbus Free Press, Daytonians Against War Now! (DAWN), CODEPINK, World BEYOND War, Green Party Peace Action Committee (GPAX), Voices for Creative Nonviolence, Kent InterFaith Alliance for Racial Reconciliation and Justice (KIFA), Truth in Recruitment, Cleveland Nonviolence Network.

Host:
David Swanson, Executive Director of World BEYOND War

Speakers:
Leonardo Flores, Latin America Campaign Coordinator CODEPINK

Kathy Kelly, Voices for Creative Nonviolence

Andy Shallal, Busboys and Poets

Rich Whitney, Green Party Peace Action Committee

RSVP to sign up for this free webinar!

The webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Participants can join via a device with an internet connection, or dial in via telephone. Once you register, you will receive an email with the Zoom information. The webinar will be recorded and available for viewing afterwards. We also plan to livestream it on Youtube and will be watching the comments there for questions as well.

RSVP:
https://actionnetwork.org/events/building-the-peace-movement-teach-in/

See you there!

—David Swanson, World BEYOND War

World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement – support our work for a culture of peace.

World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA

Privacy policy.
Checks must be made out to "World BEYOND War / AFGJ" or we can't deposit them.

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 6:17 PM
Subject: ​Building the Peace Movement Teach-In -- Online -- Free