*[Enwl-eng] They picked who?!

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

ENWLine

未读,
2020年7月9日 08:28:502020/7/9
收件人 "ENWL-uni"

Would you pay the world's biggest fossil fuel investor to give you advice on sustainable finance? That's what the EU just did with the monster megacorp BlackRock.

This could be a climate disaster if we don't use our people power to get EU leaders back on track. Tell them to ditch BlackRock and make banking truly green!

 Sign the petition

It's been called "the biggest driver of climate destruction on the planet". And now the EU wants its advice on green finance?

The EU Commission has hired BlackRock, which manages billions in coal, oil and gas investments, as an advisor on its new sustainable banking regulations. They might as well be asking a shark how to keep beaches safe!

Only a massive public outcry can stop this from becoming a climate catastrophe. Tell the Commission to get rid of BlackRock and pass banking laws that put our planet first!

Add your name now to give BlackRock the boot.

BlackRock has been trying to paint itself as "socially responsible" lately, and the EU's appointment is its biggest coup yet.

But it's still cashing in on the coal, oil, and gas production that's driving our planet to the point of no return -- to the tune of $87 billion in holdings.

With its financial muscle, BlackRock could be pushing for green change at the world's most powerful corporations. But it isn't. In fact, it's using investors' assets to block climate-related shareholder motions.

If done correctly, the EU's green finance strategy could direct billions towards clean energy and other sustainable, Earth-friendly initiatives -- and away from dirty fossil fuels. That's why we can't let BlackRock sink its claws into it. We need to send a message to the EU that letting big banks and investment funds set the agenda on sustainable finance is a recipe for disaster.

Demand the EU ditch BlackRock and create truly green finance laws.

BlackRock and its fellow corporate vultures might have all the money, but people like you and me have the power to rein them in. It worked last year, when we, our partners, and over 120,000 SumOfUs members like you pushed the EU to crack down on the finance sector's fake green investments. With your pressure, they agreed on laws that will make it much more difficult to market funds as 'sustainable' that are not.

Now, as the coronavirus crisis emboldens big businesses to become ever more shameless in their pursuit of profit, we've got to use that power again. With enough people on board, the EU will have to listen to us over BlackRock's self-serving "advice" -- will you join now?

 Sign the petition

Thanks for all that you do,
Fatah and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2020 3:02 PM
Subject: They picked who?!

回复全部
回复作者