*[Enwl-eng] EMERGENCY: Obama Administration to Abandon Gray Wolves!

ENWL.Bellona

Jun 13, 2013, 7:00:48 AM6/13/13
to "ENWL-uni"
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has officially proposed to strip
Endangered Species Act protection from nearly all gray wolves in the U.S.
before their recovery is complete.

If this plan goes forward, decades of hard-won wolf conservation progress
will be severely undermined, and the future of gray wolves will be forever
changed. Please donate today.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=nMolokYQE1CUWrjjHOIUng

-- Jamie

Dear Vladimir,

Our worst fears have been confirmed.

Today the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) formally proposed to strip
nearly all gray wolves across the United States of protection under the
Endangered Species Act (ESA).

Please donate today and help support our all-out effort to protect gray
wolves!

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=TDHThVn3cmowSrq1pxzJiQ

If this ill-advised plan goes forward, decades of hard-won wolf conservation
progress will be severely undermined, and the future of gray wolf
conservation will be forever changed.

Defenders of Wildlife will do whatever it takes to keep this from happening,
but we urgently need your help.

Please donate today - support our work to protect wolves and other imperiled
wildlife.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=F1biaPoBygg7ms5eRHg1HA

What a tragedy. Wolf recovery still has a long way to go. What should be
one of America's greatest endangered species comeback stories could become a
heartbreaking setback.

We have seen what happens when premature delisting leaves wolves to the
mercy of anti-wolf politics and politicians that are unwilling to protect
them. In
Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, more than 1,100 wolves have been shot or trapped
since losing ESA protection in 2011. And we have seen some of Yellowstone
National Park's most iconic and beloved wolves shot and killed just across
the park border.

Your urgent donation today will help support our all-out effort to keep gray
wolves protected under the ESA.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=yjLfEfcvVYvJ9kwkBPKkuw

It's not too late to stop this irresponsible proposal. The FWS's federal
delisting proposal is open for public comment for the next 90 days. We will
use the comment period to wage an unprecedented initiative to try to
convince the Obama administration to do the right thing.

* We are mobilizing wolf-lovers like you to express outrage over this
proposal. We've already collected more than 230,000 signatures demanding
that wolves continue to receive protection under the ESA.

* We are providing the expert ESA policy and legal analysis that makes it
clear that delisting is premature (and sets a dangerous precedent for other
imperiled animals); and

* We'll be prepared to go to court if necessary to challenge any premature
delisting of gray wolves.

We are going to do whatever it takes to retain needed protections for wolves
and other iconic species.

Please make an emergency donation today.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=UJqtOuHXvQErtwvD2ltu4w

Thank you for all you do for wildlife.

Sincerely,

Jamie Rappaport Clark
President
Defenders of Wildlife

P.S. Wolves are counting on you to stand up for their continued protection,
and to speak out against a premature delisting that could halt decades of
progress on wolf recovery. Please donate today.

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=AKT-DK5QtT6ZTWbqja_Kww

http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=6JOR71LdS_SnIzQBsVo8WA

© Copyright 2012 Defenders of Wildlife
| 1130 17th Street NW | Washington, DC 20036
| 1-800-385-9712

HOME
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=Vgo3wrC2p2AM3x6_s6yF4w

DONATE NOW
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=fsLgDLeAdZY7WESX-ZMkgA

CONTACT US
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=H-OShbClrt7VNLGtOgIOQg

RSS FEEDS
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=U2fXUlGAyb0yYRLC0IvuGg

PRIVACY POLICY
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=h3C7BlvQXHONTix6fXZj1w

TERMS OF USE
http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=0k95dzklIHIx0ZNV31Arqg

© Copyright 06/08/2013 Defenders of Wildlife.

Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization
dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in
their natural communities.

Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
1130 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036