*[Enwl-eng] This bat weighs less than a penny. It's also dying off completely.

ENWL

Aug 12, 2022, 12:38:28 PM8/12/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Sign to help us protect the Bumblebee bat!

Care2 Petitions Logo
A Bumble bee bat on a finger, it's about the size of one human knuckle

Protect the Adorable, Tiny, Bumblebee Bat!

One of the most amazing things about Earth is the rich biodiversity that exists across it. From dense tropical rainforests to dramatic, arid deserts, our planet is literally teeming with life -- and some of that life just happens to be simply adorable. Weighing on average less than .07 ounces, the bumblebee bat falls into this category. But the tiny species is at risk, and we must encourage the Thai government to protect this exceptionally cute creature before it is too late!

Sign now to demand Thailand's Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment protect the Bumblebee bat!

Bumblebee bats typically weigh less than a penny! And like so many other species, this adorably small creature is at high risk because of human activity. It's our fault their numbers are getting dangerously low and it's our responsibility to save them. Scientists have recommended that governments improve the protection and management of the bats' roosting caves, as well as increased protection for other habitats the species relies on, including foraging areas. Sign if you want Thailand to listen to the scientists and enact these changes to protect this adorable animal!

White woman with dark
hair wearing a face mask

Thank you,

Kelsey

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Scientists are literally giving us the blueprint for how to save one of the tiniest mammals on Earth, and it is time we heed their calls.

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
http://www.care2.com