*[Enwl-eng] Tell Congress: Invest in infrastructure & create green jobs

ENWLine

Apr 23, 2021, 7:44:42 PM4/23/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Join us for the People's Day of Action
Celebrate Earth Day by writing to Congress and urging them to pass the American Jobs Plan to invest in infrastructure and clean energy jobs.

Friend,

This Earth Day, we’re asking our community to advocate for the American Jobs Plan, an ambitious piece of legislation that will spur historic investments in clean energy jobs.

If passed, the American Jobs Plan would be one of the most significant pieces of climate legislation in U.S. history — and we have the power to pressure Congress to ensure the final bill is bold enough to meet the moment.

The coming weeks will determine the details of the final version of the bill, and we can’t allow Republicans and corporate interests to water this down. Help us keep up the pressure on the Democratic majority to go big on revitalizing our infrastructure and creating clean energy jobs.

Tell your members of Congress to pass the American Jobs Plan to fully invest in much-needed infrastructure and development of our clean energy economy to address the climate crisis.

The American Jobs Plan will rebuild our nation’s transit systems, modernize our electric grid, repair and replace outdated water pipes, and expand access to high-speed broadband.

But the legislation goes even further. It would:

  • Create a new Civilian Climate Corps to train and hire thousands to restore public lands and improve climate resilience for frontline communities
  • Accelerate decarbonization by implementing a national clean energy standard to get us to 100 percent carbon-free power by 2035
  • Replace all lead pipes and service lines to ensure everyone has access to safe drinking water
  • Eliminate tax subsidies for fossil fuel corporations and make polluters pay to clean up their messes
  • Retrofit and construct houses, businesses, and public buildings to enhance energy efficiency
  • Incentivize electric vehicles by boosting rebates and tax credits for consumers and expanding charging stations nationwide

Urge Congress to move forward with the American Jobs Plan so we can get millions back to work by rebuilding our outdated infrastructure and transitioning to 100 percent clean energy.

Write to Congress

Thank you,

Kolin Kearns
National Digital Campaigns Manager