*[Enwl-eng] Trump gave the green light to litter in our national parks

ENWLine

Jun 25, 2020, 7:31:24 PM6/25/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Trump reversed a policy that was keeping national parks plastic free, and now plants and animals alike will suffer

Sign Now

As U.S. national parks slowly and safely become accessible to the public again, the plants and animals will be reminded of an unwelcome policy change that puts them in more danger. In 2017, the Trump administration erased a policy that restricted the sales of single-use plastic water bottles within national parks. Trump clearly saw another way to make a buck or please his industry friends by allowing the sale of plastic that won't break down for 450 years.

Animals often mistake small plastic pieces, such as caps or pieces of bottles, as food, only to later die from choking, poisoning, or digestion blockages. Plastic that is improperly disposed of can release chemicals for centuries, into the soil that we farm or the water that we drink. The United States federal government is tasked with protecting our environment, but clearly this policy reversal does anything but that. Sign now if you want the National Parks Service to ban the sale of bottled water in our national parks!

Thank you,

Lauren W.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Plastic poisons and chokes all living things for centuries. So why are we selling it in our national parks? Sign the petition today.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com