*[Enwl-eng] Goodbye, cruel factory farms. Hello, mushrooms

1 view

enwl

Feb 8, 2023, 11:30:44 AM2/8/23
to "ENWL-uni"

Why invest in horrific animal agriculture when we can invest in mushroom ranches?

Care2 Petitions Logo
A helpless cow stands in chains inside a factory farm, while a little child holds up a basket of fresh-picked mushrooms, smiling.

Mushroom Meat Could Save Animals and Our Planet. The Government Should Fund It.

It's here: the healthy, Earth-healing, animal-friendly, compassionate alternative to meat. And it's mushrooms.

Multiple companies are "sprouting" up that utilize the unique qualities of different mushrooms, turning them into meat-free alternatives.

Mushroom-based meat is even poised to turn cruel factory farming on its head with huge plant-based 'Ranches.'

From imitating steaks and bacon, to reducing greenhouse gas build-ups, mushroom farms can do it all.

Well, almost. What mushroom ranches don't do? They don't shove living, breathing beings into small boxes, rip them away from family, stuff them full of dubious-quality food sources, deprive them of natural sunlight and wind, and butcher them just to satisfy human taste buds.

On top of that, mushroom farms will help fight climate change.

Animal agriculture is one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions in the world. By contrast, mushrooms suck carbon out of the atmosphere, making our world safer and healthier.

Factory farming is out. Mushrooms are in. The U.S. government must invest in mushroom "meat" ranches to save animals and our planet! Sign the petition if you agree.

Photo of white woman with short brown hair

Thank you,

Miranda

Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Mushrooms are good for the Earth, animal welfare, and human health. Sign the petition.

Care2.com, Inc.
3141 Stevens Creek Blvd. #40394
San Jose, CA 95117
https://www.care2.com