*[Enwl-eng] The last home of the polar bear

1 view

ENWLine

May 8, 2021, 1:11:30 PM5/8/21
to "ENWL-uni"

A new gas drilling project will turn pristine Arctic wilderness into a gigantic fossil fuel exploration site.

We can stop this devastating project -- by cutting off its funding.

Can you please chip in to stop Total’s invasion of the Arctic?

A photo of polar bear cubs in the snow

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

French energy giant Total wants to turn untouched Arctic wilderness -- the last home of the polar bear -- into a gigantic gas drilling site.

But we can still stop the Arctic’s invasion by fossil fuel giants -- and here’s how:

Total is relying on a €700 million loan guarantee from the French government -- and President Macron is trying to keep it hush-hush. Macron cares about his image as an environmental leader -- let’s blow his cover and expose this huge hypocrisy.

Our plan: we'll melt a spectacular polar bear ice sculpture outside the French Ministry of Finance to grab headlines and put the destruction of the Arctic on the front page -- forcing Macron to back down. Can you chip in $2 to stop Total’s invasion into the Arctic?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

For generations, the Gwich'in and other Indigenous peoples have been living and protecting this special Arctic land -- dubbed by some as the “last wilderness”. It’s a shelter for endangered and threatened species like the polar bear and narwhal.

But now French energy giant Total is plotting an invasion that will forever ruin this beautiful paradise.

We simply can’t let that happen.

If we make the French government back off today, we’ll send a strong message to leaders and fossil fuel companies around the world: we won't tolerate our taxpayer money being used to finance our destruction!

In today’s busy news, we need this bold stunt to get Macron’s attention. Just imagine the headlines as this giant ice polar bear melts right outside the French Finance Ministry -- he won’t be able to hide the fact he’s pumping millions into killing the Arctic. But we can’t pull this off without you Vladimir! Can you chip in to stop the invasion of the Arctic?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Across France, SumOfUs members like you have joined with our partners at 350.org to make the French government reconsider its plan to spend public money on the destruction of the Arctic. The pressure is mounting -- and we can turn it to a tipping point.

Over the past year, SumOfUs members have been holding our governments to account on the climate crisis -- rallying our world leaders to stop pouring public recovery money into the worst polluters’ pockets and getting banks to commit to stop the funding of fossil fuels. With your help, I know we can win this too!

Will you chip in $2 to save the Arctic from turning into a gigantic fossil fuel site?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

Donate $3 nowDonate another amount

Thanks for all that you do,
Leyla and the SumOfUs team

More information:

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2021 3:33 PM
Subject: The last home of the polar bear