*[Enwl-eng] Urge China to stop Yulin's dog and cat meat cruelty

ENWLine

Jun 3, 2022, 11:12:55 AM6/3/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Humane Society International

Dogs in a cage

Dear ,

The annual dog meat event in Yulin, China is scheduled for June 21st and animals need your voice to bring cruelty like this to an end.

Please call on China to end this slaughter for good and help put an end to the dog and cat meat trade.

Act Now

After being snatched from the street, the journey to the country's slaughterhouses is horrendous for these animals. They are crammed on top of each other and transported in trucks for days without food or water in the unforgiving heat. Those who survive have an agonizing wait. When their turn comes, iron tongs clamp around their neck as each dog is violently pulled from the slaughter pen and beaten to death for someone’s meal.

This is not a hopeless cause, and compassionate animal advocates like you, in China and around the world, are the reason why. Thanks to public outcry and the efforts of our Chinese partner groups, this event has shrunk in size year by year, with fewer animals suffering and dying for their meat. What’s more, thanks to your support, we're making great strides in banning the dog meat trade in numerous cities and regencies in Indonesia, and we're making a strong case for an end to dog meat misery in South Korea.

Now more than ever, we must stick together to keep the pressure on. Add your name today!

Thank you for all that you do for animals and for standing with us. Your support is critical to ending this horror and the many other cruelties we seek to prevent.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Flocken
President of Humane Society International

Photo by VShine

Facebook. Twitter. YouTube. Instagram.

© 2022 Humane Society International
1255 23rd Street, NW, Suite 450, Washington, DC 20037
in...@hsi.org | 301-258-3010

 Privacy Policy

Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2022 5:21 PM
Subject: Urge China to stop Yulin's dog and cat meat cruelty