*[Enwl-eng] The ghost that's drowning marine life 😔🐋

1 view

ENWLine

Oct 22, 2020, 8:26:31 PM10/22/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Проблема пластиковых сетей, убивающих всё живое в океанах.
Описание и просьба присоединиться к петиции.
Свет

От: WWF <newsl...@wwfint.org>
Date: чт, 22 окт. 2020 г. в 16:07
Subject: The ghost that's drowning marine life 😔🐋
Find out what's drowning our marine life and how you can help them by taking action.

Dear Sviatoslav,

Discarded, lost, abandoned and silently killing our planet's marine life. Ghost gear, which is fishing gear left behind in our ocean, is the deadliest form of marine plastic debris.

In fact, did you know that almost half of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch – the largest area of marine debris in the world is made up of ghost gear? Plastic pollution is now one of the fastest-growing global environmental problems that affect our ocean, and we need to take urgent action to help protect nature and people.

© Ian Dyball _ Shutterstock.com copy

As you're reading this, marine animals around the world are being subjected to a slow and painful death due to abandoned fishing gear. It also damages vital marine habitats such as coral reefs and mangroves, and threatens the food sources and livelihoods of coastal communities and fishers. And yet, amid this intensifying plastic pollution crisis, not enough attention is being paid to it by governments or industry.

Join us in calling for action to stop ghost gear from drowning the marine life we all depend on.

Act now

Wear your support for our planet

Show your support for an end to plastic pollution with a t-shirt. Men's and women's designs are available.

All products are responsibly made.

Visit the store

WWF believes in people and nature thriving together | Visit panda.org today

WWF International Rue Mauverney 28  Gland Switzerland

You received this email because you are subscribed to eNews from WWF International.

  Facebook Link     Twitter Link     LinkedIn Link     Instagram Link

--
Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "seu-international".

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:03 PM
Subject: Fwd: The ghost that's drowning marine life 😔🐋