*[Enwl-eng] 96 elephants killed today

ENWLine

Sep 14, 2021, 11:43:00 AM9/14/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Elephants walking in your direction

In the Serengeti, a small, specially trained team of rescue dogs sniff out poachers and sound the alarm. Just 4 dogs have helped arrest hundreds of poachers, saving countless elephants being murdered for their ivory.

Almost a quarter of the elephants in the park now live in the tiny area they protect -- but poaching is on the rise everywhere else and there are thousands more elephants that still need protection.

That’s why the team behind this amazing project is asking for your help to train up double the number of these sniffer dogs -- and save double the number of elephants.

With 96 of these gentle giants killed each day, every moment counts.

Can you chip in to help?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

If 4 dogs protect all those elephants, imagine what 8 or 10 or even 20 could do!

And it’s not just the Serengeti -- poaching everywhere has skyrocketed in the past year, pushing endangered elephants and other animals even closer to the brink. An influx of support from people around the world could help get this anti-poaching game-changer the recognition it deserves, finally helping solve our poaching crisis.

It could also help governments justify funding programs just like this in parks all across Africa. And our community can be right there, advocating for it at every turn.

Together we could help spark the beginning of the end of an elephant poaching scourge that slaughters 30,000 beautiful ancient elephants every year. Can you help?

If you’ve saved your payment information with SumOfUs, your donation will go through immediately:

It’s just an accident that our community found the amazing people behind the Working Dogs for Conservation. But once one of our members let us know the program existed, no one could stop thinking about it. This is our chance to be at the beginning of a life-saving revolution. We can’t wait to get started.

Thanks for all that you do,
Danny and the SumOfUs team

More information:

Dogs put their noses to work saving wildlife. National Geographic. 6 January 2021.

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 3:06 PM
Subject: 96 elephants killed today