*[Enwl-eng] We Did It!

ENWL.Bellona

Dec 22, 2011, 4:31:32 PM12/22/11
to Bellona Enwl-eng

BETTER WORLD CAMPAIGN
http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=BVoVAKExbAj1lyqgTorVXw

The appropriations season in Congress has come to an end. This means that
the Senate and House have passed their spending bills to fund the
government for the coming year, including critical funding to the UN and UN
peacekeeping.

We are happy to share with you that your phone calls, emails, and letters
paid off! While many international programs faced significant cuts, the
House and Senate have basically met the President's request for the UN
regular budget and UN peacekeeping. Taken as a whole, this appropriations
season showed that our lawmakers understand that engagement at the UN is an
essential foreign policy tool.

In these difficult economic times, it is more important than ever that
America stretches every dollar. When it comes to our national and economic
security, investing in the United Nations ensures that we collectively
share the burden with our global partners.

It is more important than ever that the U.S. UN relationship is strong and
effective. The next year will be an uphill battle. As the budgetary
environment continues to see significant challenges, we will need your help
to show policymakers in Washington that an overwhelming
majority of Americans across the political spectrum believe in the
incomparable work of the UN:
http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=yzdV2dT2doJD7T-O3IcP_g

Thank you for your support and we will continue to keep you posted on all
of the happenings related to the UN here in Washington. To learn more about
joining the Better World Campaign, please visit
www.BetterWorldCampaign.org.

BWC Team

--View in browser
http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=v_y8mKUUPyn4yNN1hYWFmw

1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036
© United Nations Foundation