*[Enwl-eng] Urgent earthquake SOS

1 view

enwl

Feb 8, 2023, 11:30:28 AM2/8/23
to "ENWL-uni"
Dear friends, It's doomsday in Turkey and Syria.Over 6,000 people are dead -- and thousands are trapped under mountains of rubble after two thumping earthquakes. The next 72 hours are critical for rescue efforts -- but while a massive rescue operation is underway in Turkey… in war-torn Syria it's a totally different situation. After a decade of all-out war, millions are almost completely cut off from international aid, and hospitals are thoroughly devastated. But one brave group of Syrian volunteers is already responding, literally digging people out of the rubble with their bare hands. The White Helmets are the best hope for people in parts of Syria. They are crying out for rescue supplies, fuel, and emergency shelter -- and our movement could provide it in hours!Let's supercharge this life-saving mission to save thousands of people -- and if we raise enough, we'll support other relief efforts too! Every cent we raise will go to this emergency response -- donate what you can now:
Take Action Now!
[...]

I'LL DONATE €2
I'LL DONATE €4
I'LL DONATE €8
I'LL DONATE €15
I'LL DONATE €30
OTHER AMOUNT
The White Helmets are known for their daring rescue operations in the face of Assad's brutal war in Syria. When the bombs fall, they're the people who haul babies and bodies from the rubble.

In a warzone where it seemed nothing could get worse, now they're racing to rescue thousands of men, women, and children who are still trapped in buildings -- in the middle of an icy winter storm. It's a challenge like nothing they've seen before.

Everything we raise from this email will go to funding the rescue mission, paying for:
  • Search and rescue efforts in the coming days to dig people out from the rubble;
  • Medical care for survivors injured in the quake;
  • Food supplies for people left with nothing by this disaster; and,
  • Shelter for those whose homes have been destroyed.
The Avaaz community funds everything we do by responding to emails like this -- and this one couldn't be more urgent. Let's help to save lives in Syria, right now -- donate what you can:
I'LL DONATE €2
I'LL DONATE €4
I'LL DONATE €8
I'LL DONATE €15
I'LL DONATE €30
OTHER AMOUNT
Avaaz has a long record of helping those caught in the carnage of Syria. We've funded the lifesaving work of the White Helmets before, and we know how effective it is. But this disaster is on a totally different scale -- let's show up again and make sure people of Northern Syria know the world has not forgotten them.

With fierce hope and endless determination,

Wissam, Antonia, Kaitlin, Adela, Mike, Bert, and the whole team at Avaaz

PS. This might be your first donation to our movement ever. But what a first donation! Did you know that Avaaz relies entirely on small donations from members like you? That's why we're fully independent, nimble and effective. Join the over 1 million people who've donated to make Avaaz a real force for good in the world.

PS: I know we've just sent a fundraiser for the Amazon, and we don't usually ask for donations again so soon. But in an emergency like this, lives are at stake and every second counts.

Avaaz is a 70-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500