*[Enwl-eng] Trump wants to sell parts of the Grand Canyon to mining companies

1 view

ENWLine

Jul 6, 2020, 7:27:12 PM7/6/20
to "ENWL-uni"

Trump is attempting to sell the most beautiful lands to companies that would turn them to dust — sign to stop it!

Sign Now

Vladimir,

We've all heard of the Grand Canyon, one of the most majestic and famous landmarks in all of the United States. But oil, gas and mining companies want to have their way with it. The Bureau of Land Management is the agency within the Department of the Interior which oversees these public lands. Its job is to protect these lands and conserve our natural environment, yet it is planning to sell them off to the highest bidder! Sign the petition if you don't want the Bureau of Land Management to sell off these protected lands!

In Utah, just outside of Arches and Canyonlands national parks, the Bureau of Land Management has put 150,000 acres of land up for sale for the sole purpose of drilling. This method of getting oil has horrifying effects on the landscape — spills can directly kill animals, or slowly decimate them by ruining their habits. These lands are home to extremely endangered species such as bighorn sheep, whose population could be lost forever if we are not careful. From the oil spills you hear about in the news to the climate change we are experiencing daily, there is plenty of proof that oil companies cannot be trusted with being careful.

We cannot waste time twiddling our thumbs over this, because Trump and his administration will surely not. Please sign the petition and demand that acting director William Perry Pendley halt the sale of public lands in the U.S. to the fossil fuel industry immediately!

Thank you,

Kelsey B.
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. These 20 million acres of precious earth will not recover if we let oil, gas, and mining companies have their way with them. Sign the petition!

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com