*[Enwl-eng] Giraffes will go extinct if we don't act fast

1 view

ENWLine

Jun 14, 2021, 1:03:13 PM6/14/21
to "ENWL-uni"

Giraffes are officially critically endangered. We can't wait any longer to take action — sign now to save the giraffe from extinction!

Sign Now

Giraffes are one of the most beloved wild animals on the planet, but their existence is in grave danger. Almost 40% of the species has died in the last 30 years. Two of the biggest reasons for the giraffe's rapid decline are loss of habitat and poaching. Human development has pushed animals off their principal grazing lands, leaving many of these animals to starve to death. Meanwhile, those that survive are often killed to help families pay for basic necessities, because giraffe bones, heads, and other body parts can be sold for a significant sum.

Countries in which giraffes roam, like Nigeria, Malawi, and Senegal, must do more to protect these iconic African creatures by creating anti-poaching and giraffe habitat restoration programs before it's too late. If we choose to do nothing, we could soon live in a world in which the giraffe can no longer sustain its population naturally in the wild. Please sign this petition to urge government leaders in Nigeria, Malawi, and Senegal to save the giraffes by funding and implementing essential conservation programs.

Thank you,

Miranda
The Care2 Petitions Team

P.S. Fewer than 100,000 giraffes remain in the wild — less than the number of elephants. If you don't want to see the majestic giraffe become extinct, please sign this petition today.

Care2.com, Inc.
203 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 230
Redwood City, CA 94065
http://www.care2.com