*[Enwl-eng] Tackling plastic from all angles, with your help

ENWL

May 20, 2023, 11:28:32 AM5/20/23
to "ENWL-uni"

The Story of Stuff Project
Tackling the Plastic Crisis, With You

From city council meetings to the United Nations, the Story of Stuff Community is tackling the plastic problem from all angles and in many places across the world. And with your continued generous support, we can maximize our impact.

Can you chip in
to support our work?
Yes!

This summer, we’ll be ramping up our support for local initiatives to shift from single-use to reuse, in everything from restaurants to concert and sporting venues. We’ll be challenging and supporting select cities as they make the shift and become leaders for others to follow.

At the national and state level, we’re pushing the beverage industry to support deposit return and refill systems, which can all but eliminate one of the biggest sources of plastic pollution: plastic bottles. We’re also rallying around repair legislation that reduces e-waste and makes electronics repairs more accessible and affordable. The Right to Repair movement is gaining momentum and we’re all in.

Globally, we’re pushing for a strong and meaningful international plastics treaty amidst fierce opposition from the petrochemical industry. Our most recent video breaks down what we need and how we’ll get there. And later this month, as negotiators gather in Paris, we’ll be joining allies from around the world in urging world leaders to act.

Help us tackle the plastic crisis and build a more just, circular and sustainable future. Support this work today.

Plus, we’ll let you in on a little secret:

In a few months, we’re planning a limited public re-release of our Emmy-winning feature-length documentary, The Story of Plastic. First released in 2020, the film continues to make waves and inspire the next generation of changemakers. So stay tuned for updates!

will you pitch in with a contribution?

We're thankful for this Community and your commitment to real, equitable and ambitious solutions to the plastic crisis. Let’s keep building a future for all of us, one that values people and the planet just as much as our Stuff.

Grateful to work on these critical issues alongside you,
The Story of Stuff team

Join the conversation!
Youtube Instagram Facebook"" Twitter

The Story of Stuff Project runs on donations from people like you. Please make a one-time contribution, or better yet, sustain our work by signing up to be a monthly donor. Any amount makes a difference!
Donate

Story of Stuff logo

The Story of Stuff Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Donations to The Story of Stuff Project are tax-deductible to the
extent allowed by law in the United States.

visit storyofstuff.org  |