*[Enwl-eng] Adani AGM: it’s here

enwl

Jul 26, 2022, 1:28:59 PM7/26/22
to "ENWL-uni"

In a few hours Adani’s AGM kicks off and it is time to cause a scene.

The bosses of Adani think they’re in store for a day of good press to help secure the finance they need to develop 8 new coal mines. But we’ve got a different plan in store for them.

Will you tweet Adani and its investors calling out #AdaniLies?

Image titled Stop Adani's Greenwash with coal chimney behind

Not on Twitter? No worries -- get involved by sharing this post on Facebook, or here on LinkedIn.

 Tweet

The Adani Group is responsible for human rights violations to Indigenous Peoples worldwide, is massive contributor to the climate crisis and is planning catastrophic coal expansion that will only make it worse.

But that's not what investors will hear at the AGM. The bosses of Adani think they’re in store for a day of good press. The AGM is their chance to help shore up their position with their most important investors and smooth the way for their coal expansion across the Asia-Pacific.

But we’ve got a different plan in store for them.

The plan is to take over the Adani Group’s hashtag #ThinkGreen #ThinkAdani to get our message directly to the banks and investors that are financing the company’s coal expansion. Let’s shine a light on the truth behind their greenwashing claims.

Will you get involved by sending some pre-prepared tweets calling out Adani’s lies?

Not on Twitter? No worries -- get involved by sharing this post on Facebook, or here on LinkedIn.

The Adani Group has made a lot of false claims and promises about the good green work that the company is doing, all the while expanding coal mines and building new ones that will certainly tip the planet over the critical 1.5 degrees of warming.

It is not acceptable that the fourth richest person in the world continues to put his profit before the rest of the planet. And that the world’s biggest financial institutions like BlackRock, Vanguard and PIMCO facilitate it.

Will you take 1 minute to send some pre-prepared tweets to disrupt the greenwashing at Adani’s AGM and bring some sense and truth to the shareholder meeting?

Not on Twitter? No worries -- get involved by sharing this post on Facebook, or here on LinkedIn.

 Tweet

Thanks for all that you do,
Nish and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

Gautam Adani, Twitter: June 5, 2021
Adani coal mine tracker: June 2022
Adani becomes world’s 4th richest person after Bill Gates speeds up charitable giving, The Telegraph India: July 24, 2022
Trashes Indigenous Rights, Stop Adani
Win! Deutsche Bank abandons Whitehaven Coal’s bond issue, Market Forces: May 20, 2022

SumOfUs is a community of people from around the world committed to curbing the growing power of corporations. We want to buy from, work for and invest in companies that respect the environment, treat their workers well and respect democracy. And we’re not afraid to stand up to them when they don’t.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3

Sent: Monday, July 25, 2022 8:05 PM
Subject: Adani AGM: it’s here