*[Enwl-eng] A lifeline to the planet

1 view

ENWLine

Jun 4, 2021, 8:27:11 PM6/4/21
to "ENWL-uni"
In 24 hours, G7 Finance Ministers could agree on an ambitious plan to fund a just and green recovery, and finally address the climate and biodiversity loss crisis we are facing, but only if enough of us ensure they do the right thing. Let's welcome them ahead of the meeting with thousands of messages from people all over the world to tell them that: ‘Now is the time to give nature, and people, a chance to thrive in this post-pandemic world.’ Click to send your message now: Dear friends, Wielding 58% of the world's wealth, the top 7 leading economies on the Planet hold enough money and power that they could finance a huge part of the fight against the climate and biodiversity loss crisis — and yet, they're choosing to look the other way!But now we have an amazing but very small window of opportunity to change that!In 24 hours, G7 Finance Ministers will be announcing a post-Covid recovery financing plan — and a last-minute wave of people's pressure now could make sure their eyes, and money, will be in the right place! This could be the difference between business as usual or giving people and nature a chance to thrive in this post-pandemic world.We don't have much time — send a message to one (or more!) G7 leaders using the link below and share this urgent call with your friends and family:
SEND A MESSAGE
[...]

Covid-19 has forced us to rethink everything, and made us realize that we urgently need to build a new global economy that protects and sustains all life on Earth, one where people —and not corporations— are in the center, and where we finally address the systemic issues that drive the nefarious inequalities we see across the world.

Post-covid recovery efforts offer us a unique opportunity to change the game, and secure a healthy, green and just recovery — and in the next few days, G7 Finance Ministers could lay out the most ambitious commitments to save nature, address inequalities, and create jobs at the same time! But only if we don't let them repeat the same mistakes of putting our money in the wrong hands.

Let's use our voices now! Click the link below and send your message to G7 leaders — you can choose any leader, or even more than one. Now's the time to fight for the planet, and for all of us.

Join now — every message counts.
The Covid-19 pandemic exposed profound inequalities in our global economic systems — and our community has been rising to this challenge with campaigns for a just and green recovery, ensuring the debt of poor countries is forgiven and even pushing for ceasefires amidst the pandemic. Now is the time to secure the funds the people and the planet needs to build a new, and better, normal — in which no one is left behind.

With hope and determination,

Diego, Oscar, Nax, Marie, Luciana, John, Risalat, Luis and the rest of the Avaaz team
Avaaz is a 65-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2012-05-15 .

To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500